NFU

cuffy

Car insurance up for renewal with nfu .

Added into the conditions is can't carry more that 2000 shotgun carts , so no stocking up if you find a nice deal or doing a bulk buy with your mates .

Worse is can't carry explosives , so no black powder !

I've rung to see what's that all about and it would appear that the underwriters have soiled themselves .

Mebee time to change insurers . Ooorrr just carry all that sort of stuff on my motorcycle as that policy don't explicitly say I can't .

21 minutes ago, decoy1979 said:

Or simply pay your money and take your chance?

And give the insurers an easy out if I have a nasty bump , and get done for no insurance !

Or are you suggesting to just give them whatever they ask for ?

Should know next week what the extras will be . The renewal with them conditions was a couple of quid cheaper that last year .

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Left the NFU Insurance last year after 26yrs, three cars and a house and they just got far too expensive. Changed and saved almost £500 with same cover.

May I ask which company you transferred your policy to? I use NFU .....but perhaps not now!

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Left the NFU Insurance last year after 26yrs, three cars and a house and they just got far too expensive. Changed and saved almost £500 with same cover.

I left them some time ago for the same reason.....ridiculous increase In premium, for no apparantly reason!....the comparison websites offered considerable savings for the similar insurance cover/terms!....no brainier!

21 hours ago, cuffy said:

Car insurance up for renewal with nfu .

Added into the conditions is can't carry more that 2000 shotgun carts , so no stocking up if you find a nice deal or doing a bulk buy with your mates .

Worse is can't carry explosives , so no black powder !

I've rung to see what's that all about and it would appear that the underwriters have soiled themselves .

Mebee time to change insurers . Ooorrr just carry all that sort of stuff on my motorcycle as that policy don't explicitly say I can't .

We repair cars for a living and believe me if it came to having my car fixed after an accident I’d rather be insured by NFU, no corners cut and the engineers have the customer at heart! 

27 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

We repair cars for a living and believe me if it came to having my car fixed after an accident I’d rather be insured by NFU, no corners cut and the engineers have the customer at heart! 

Surely the quality of repairs is only as good as the repair shop that does the job? It has little to do with the insurance company, the insured has a right to have the car repaired to its pre accident condition! If the insurance company stipulate a particular repairer/s, the responsibility for the quality/standard of workmanship/repair lies with the insurance company, and it's up to them to get any subsequent problems put right! if the insured nominate a repairer of their choice.........it's down to theirself to ensure a quality job! And get any subsequent problems rectified!

26 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Surely the quality of repairs is only as good as the repair shop that does the job? It has little to do with the insurance company, the insured has a right to have the car repaired to its pre accident condition! If the insurance company stipulate a particular repairer/s, the responsibility for the quality/standard of workmanship/repair lies with the insurance company, and it's up to them to get any subsequent problems put right! if the insured nominate a repairer of their choice.........it's down to theirself to ensure a quality job! And get any subsequent problems rectified!

Not nessearily, if the insurer is dictating a repair methodology then it can compromise the repair shop! There is an argument to say that it’s less likely to be controlled by the insurer if the customer nominated the repairer therein working on the customers behalf. The problem the insurers have is their technical staff are really behind the times in technical knowledge, and tend to learn most of it from the repairer. 

The nfu technical staff are really aligned to the customer. 

my experience of claim on NFU policy was not exactly customer friendly - made worse by an azole of an assessor. Presumably the insurance companies use the services of "independent" assessors by appointing them to cases. The supposed " independence" of the ***'ole becomes clear when you find out which repair outfit they direct you to. Bent as .....! 

Hopefully, the need to claim will be very rare, so It will only be worth paying top money for insurance if and when you need to make a claim! Your policy has comprehensive, all risk cover and if you have no hassle when you need to make a claim!.....otherwise get the level of cover you want, at the most competitive price you can find!.........That's what I do!

Loyalty means nowt!.... stay with them and the premiums will rise year on year, even when you don't claim!.......Rip off!

• 3 weeks later...