Anyone tried one of these?

cloudwalker

I have been looking for a night vision set up so I can tackle some rats. I have seen one on the well known web site called " Ratta". It is on at £125, which seems quite reasonable.

I dont want to pay out £500 for a set up as I only have a few rats.

Has any one tried this IR add on?

There's a vid on YouTube. I'll see if I can find it. Basically: 2nd hand dig camera - remove the ir filter, cheap dig display, cables, plastic piping, ir torch, 2 clamps. Might be pushing £30 but it depends what you can find on thiefBay. You also need to do some soldering.

Bought one the other day. Easy to set up and seems to work pretty well. The bracket for the screen is a bit rudimentary but functions well enough (replaced/ modified it already). Not sure what the max. range is going to be in the real world but was great for 10yd rat work (after I had figured out how to alter the focus on the torch- Doh!).

On 09/04/2018 at 13:09, Dangerous Brian said:

Bought one the other day. Easy to set up and seems to work pretty well. The bracket for the screen is a bit rudimentary but functions well enough (replaced/ modified it already). Not sure what the max. range is going to be in the real world but was great for 10yd rat work (after I had figured out how to alter the focus on the torch- Doh!).

Thanks for that. Seems quite good value if you can get one via bidding. He certainly seems to be selling a lot.