worst ever TV programme

ditchman

I dont know what bosses are thinking when they "INVENT" TV programmes.....i cant remember the name of this one ,   but i will describe it....

woman (like and older version of nicola spungeon)......goes into peoples houses and gets them to do a dump in a tuperware box......then all the family bring down the dumps from the bathroom .....she then puts on plastic gloves and pokes the poo and then holds the box up and sniffs it......

the idea is she tells them whats going on in their bottom and the diet that they should change to....to manufacture a good stiff one (2 shorts and a curley)

Tell me what goes on in peoples brains when they turn up at TV centre and say "ive got a really great idea for a TV programme"......then describes it at a board meeting....

anyone remember what the programme was called ?

There is some dross out there admittedly......I'm just amazed people actually watch it.

My kids were fascinated about that programme some years ago where people would go into that 'GP's' booth somewhere in a town and show doc's what odd and scary ailments that had been bothering them for years.  One old dear had something wrong with her nether regions. She'd never bothered her local doc with it but was more than willing to get her 80 year old flange out and put it on nationwide display on tv!? :sick: Eh? Whats that all about?! Thankfully it wasn't tea time, thats all I can say. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

There is some dross out there admittedly......I'm just amazed people actually watch it.

My kids were fascinated about that programme some years ago where people would go into that 'GP's' booth somewhere in a town and show doc's what odd and scary ailments that had been bothering them for years.  One old dear had something wrong with her nether regions. She'd never bothered her local doc with it but was more than willing to get her 80 year old flange out and put it on nationwide display on tv!?  Eh? Whats that all about?! Thankfully it wasn't tea time, thats all I can say. 

Is it on catch up? 

41 minutes ago, cuffy said:

DR Gillian mckieth .

Or to give her her full medical title, Gillian McKeith.

Long since exposed as a scam artist with completely bogus qualifications.

Ben Goldacre did a wonderful debunking article on the Bad Science blog :

http://www.badscience.net/2007/02/ms-gillian-mckeith-banned-from-calling-herself-a-doctor/#more-362

Edited by CaptainBeaky
Added references from reputable source!

It never ceases to amaze me how low people will go to get on the telly.  Trying to get the whole family to dump in a box would be a bit challenging in this house. 

I rarely watch telly now as it's all police in cars, police not in cars, police with cameras, police on motorways, "celebs" baking cakes, "celebs" cooking or something to do with Alaska.

Edited by walshie

Many years ago a good mate of mine who was a builder suddenly found out he was on fruit smoothies for breakfast. It appears his good lady had read a book called 'you are what you eat' by this woman. his wife explained this new diet that he found himself on was for his own good. Not wishing to upset his wife by telling her where to stick the diet he asked to read the book. He was fasenated to read that the diet would improve his sexual libido. Unfortunately his went though the roof. He was back on bacon sandwiches within a week and the book was in the bin.

42 minutes ago, Howling Hound said:

Many years ago a good mate of mine who was a builder suddenly found out he was on fruit smoothies for breakfast. It appears his good lady had read a book called 'you are what you eat' by this woman. his wife explained this new diet that he found himself on was for his own good. Not wishing to upset his wife by telling her where to stick the diet he asked to read the book. He was fasenated to read that the diet would improve his sexual libido. Unfortunately his went though the roof. He was back on bacon sandwiches within a week and the book was in the bin.

Love it, he wasn't allowed bacon and she didn't want sausage!:lol:

7 hours ago, walshie said:

It never ceases to amaze me how low people will go to get on the telly.  Trying to get the whole family to dump in a box would be a bit challenging in this house. 

I rarely watch telly now as it's all police in cars, police not in cars, police with cameras, police on motorways, 

Ah yes, the History programmes  ?