gaining permission is hard

shawn9914

Went out today to try and get some new permission trouble is a lot of the farms around me are owned by the dutchy of Lancaster and are rented farms, anyway I knocked on about 15 doors today and got lots of sorry cant help you but I did get one new permission of around 250 acres with a few nice woodland areas in it and the farmer was a very nice chap and very pleasant (for a change) as I must say some can be quite rude to say the least and you need broad shoulders sometimes just to ask.

I also have 3 other farmers that were very busy but but have asked me to ring them back or go see them next week so its looking up for me but what I did do is offer my help for free on the farm so the farmer could get to know me before I get any sort of permission granted to walk around there land with a firearm I also offered my services with free mot tests on some of there vehicle and tyres etc and servicing at cost to me which did twitch a few ears as luckily I have my own garage and mot station.

I think its only fair you offer something in return for the farmer allowing you on his land anyway if all goes to plan I could have another 3-4 farms to go at by the end of next week which would total about 1500 acres and some lovely land in with it

So a little advise to people who have no permission get out there be polite dress smartly no camo gear in sight offer to help out before you wish to shoot take the knock backs in good faith and always be polite when refused always leave your number just in case and always keep smiling.

Cheers

Edited by shawn9914

It's good to offer something in return Shaun,  but be careful not to fail the MOT or you may be looking for more permissions :lol:.

Best of luck Shaun, you never know I might bump into you sometime. :good:

Edited by Dougy

Well had 3 farmers come back to me this week and been to see them all now so now have over 2000 acres to go at

Various land to include winter rape with pigeons on it some 200 acres to be drilled with barley and maize in the next few weeks

Last one just got back from today is a sheep and cattle farm which is a little gem about 450 acres with lots of rabbits and also a huge rookery of about 50 nests or so and loads of activity farmer is desperate for me to thin these out as he has three ponds and the rooks are eating the ducklings and he loves the ducks he has built homes for them on all the islands 

Lastly same farm has a rat issue round the sheds so will have some great fun with the nv wolf on my hw 100 on rats

Can't  believe what I have got in the last 7 days still grinning now can' wait to get started might go later to get some rooks

Cheers 

Edited by shawn9914

On 4/7/2018 at 10:18, shawn9914 said:

Well had 3 farmers come back to me this week and been to see them all now so now have over 2000 acres to go at

Various land to include winter rape with pigeons on it some 200 acres to be drilled with barley and maize in the next few weeks

Last one just got back from today is a sheep and cattle farm which is a little gem about 450 acres with lots of rabbits and also a huge rookery of about 50 nests or so and loads of activity farmer is desperate for me to thin these out as he has three ponds and the rooks are eating the ducklings and he loves the ducks he has built homes for them on all the islands 

Lastly same farm has a rat issue round the sheds so will have some great fun with the nv wolf on my hw 100 on rats

Can't  believe what I have got in the last 7 days still grinning now can' wait to get started might go later to get some rooks

Cheers 

:good:Well done mate. Sounds like you are going to be kept busy. 

• 6 months later...

Well done.

All that leg work and door knocking does pay off....eventually.

There again a chance conversation..

I was chatting to a lady at a pilates class I attend,she mentioned she kept horses and had a rabbit problem.I kindly offered my services and now have 4 acres of mixed paddock and woods just 10 minutes from where I live.

Safe shooting:good: