which shotgun

shawn9914

One mans interpretation of slight pitting is another mans crater, the question is can it be lapped out, if so I would call that light pitting, although some people would not entertain buying a gun with any pitting, it will make very little difference to the guns performance.

The ORE was as good a gun as any of that series, I think it was the cheapest gun in that series of O/U.

Have looked at the gun on guntrader and from the pictures it looks a tidy gun, but you need to see it in the flesh, I note that the stock is only 14” that’s short, also the pictures do not show if that length includes a recoil pad.  

The only fault I have ever seen on these guns was the ejector shooting past the cartridge on opening the gun after firing, (but that was a badly maintained/cleaned gun) the ejectors run in a dovetail, now if the previous owner did not clean the gun properly (pitting) they may have excessive wear, you can easily test this with a couple of fired cartridges, also feel how much play there is in the ejectors, (the gun must be in a fired/ejected state) its an easy fix for a competent gunsmith.

What about that stock length? Seems a bit short to me, how tall are you? and what’s your build?.

1 hour ago, Gunman said:

Forget all that and go out and get a decent side by side .

DO not get the Miroku 3000 they are nightmare to repair and are NOT the same gun as the Valmet or Remington even if of similar design . There are no spares  available from Miroku and the top lever is prone to breakage and virtually impossible to repair without great expense .

Ask your self why they were only made for a couple of years before production was discontinued and returned to the tried and tested design of the 300/400/and 500 series ?

+1. You will get a sxs for not a lot of money.

12 minutes ago, Benkent said:

Lol I'm sure that makes quite a bit of difference.

I think modern powders will have burnt and released all its energy long before it get anywhere near the end of 24” barrels.

The only thing I have heard people say is longer barrels are more point-able, but I have never found short or long barrels a problem.

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have a nice  quality spanish side lock ejector 26 inch barrels, churchill type rib,  for sale,  had a strip and clean,  can RFD. 

Hi

I have no clue about this gun is at an o/u what is side lock ejector and churchill type rib????????

how much do you want for this gun

42 minutes ago, shawn9914 said:

Hi

I have no clue about this gun is at an o/u what is side lock ejector and churchill type rib????????

how much do you want for this gun

hello, it is much like the photo oldun put on, a victor sarasqueta 6 E, if you look on gun trader there are a few examples, in overall good condition and clean bores, it has had a strip and clean by a gunsmith and not used much since, one thing to consider is the stock length is only 14inches approx, i used a slip on pad, cheers 

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, it is much like the photo oldun put on, a victor sarasqueta 6 E, if you look on gun trader there are a few examples, in overall good condition and clean bores, it has had a strip and clean by a gunsmith and not used much since, one thing to consider is the stock length is only 14inches approx, i used a slip on pad, cheers 

hello, to follow on from your first post shawn i would be inclined to go a look at some shotguns in a RFD near you or even a clay pigeon club where you can try a few out like the O/U or a side by side/ semi auto or pump, once you find one to your liking and gun fit then you can enjoy your shooting,