Please Please Help!!

atyl1972

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Enjoy your purchase, I'd also be interested in how it performs. Some pictures and some shooting videos wouldn't go a miss either :good: I'd like to see it in action.

I only have 1 air rifle an AA S410 .22 sub 12flb.

I have 2 air pistols (thinking of making it 3) we shoot practical air pistol at my club.

I have various rimfire and fullbore:good: (not sure where this will stop):lol:

yeah, I have thought about a scope cam when I get a perm and I can shoot well, and at night really like the NiteSite systems for ratting and rabbits after dark

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

This is a 5 shot group at 40 yds with my .177 bsa ultra. Pretty typical when the wind drops and my eye is in .i shot this standing leaning against my van .

This is the accuracy your looking for from your pcp. 

IMG_20180405_175951.jpg

that is sweet mate fair do's, especially leaning against something instead of benching

15 hours ago, Snoozer said:

That blue is so sweet but I resisted temptation and went with the more camo option of the Forest Green

6 hours ago, DC177 said:

Indeed let us know how you get on. This forum is a knowledge base and your experiences could help someone else.

Yeah of course, I'll be too excited not to:good:

15 hours ago, Snoozer said:

Another good review too. 

Just now, atyl1972 said:

or some would also say, stupid, silly, no need blah blah blah. how long we on this planet for?

Your money, your choice mate. You said you work in a prison so 100% respect to you. We need people to do that horrible work, so if a very expensive pcp helps you relax then go for it.

Are you pointing out the fx crown review in that issue. ? 

Ive played with the red daystate in the pic .

Didnt like it. The trigger is electronic :sick:

The lop is too long (im 5 ft 11 ) 

Its very loud 

And the side leaver is too far forwards for my liking 

Amongst other things. 

Followed this with interest and I don't believe you've had it bad compared to some threads I have read, I'm sure you yourself would admit saying as a newbie, "only this gun is gonna be 100% more accurate than any other pcp air rifle out there" to seasoned shooters deserves a bit of stick. Like you say, your money your choice but with that kind of pricetag I hope you get heat seeking pellets thrown in. ;):good:

1 minute ago, Ttfjlc said:

Followed this with interest and I don't believe you've had it bad compared to some threads I have read, I'm sure you yourself would admit saying as a newbie, "only this gun is gonna be 100% more accurate than any other pcp air rifle out there" to seasoned shooters deserves a bit of stick. Like you say, your money your choice but with that kind of pricetag I hope you get heat seeking pellets thrown in. :good:

I didn't mean 100% MORE, what I meant was according to pro reviewers this gun is the most accurate they've shot, I worded it wrong, I work in a prison, not an English grammar teacher, not heat seeking but I do get 3 tins x500 of my choosing, plus bipod at £79 and BSA bag which is priced at £59 and along with the deal for the scope and air bottle too, cannot be more chuffed. Look out for the 50 yd groups I'll post with my very first shots with the rifle, regardless of how new I am, it'll no doubt be the gun. All the gear and no idea, but....I will learn and I have excellent eyes and a steady hand, so hopefully it won't be long before I bag my first pests. 

7 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

I didn't mean 100% MORE, what I meant was according to pro reviewers this gun is the most accurate they've shot, I worded it wrong, I work in a prison, not an English grammar teacher, not heat seeking but I do get 3 tins x500 of my choosing, plus bipod at £79 and BSA bag which is priced at £59 and along with the deal for the scope and air bottle too, cannot be more chuffed. Look out for the 50 yd groups I'll post with my very first shots with the rifle, regardless of how new I am, it'll no doubt be the gun. All the gear and no idea, but....I will learn and I have excellent eyes and a steady hand, so hopefully it won't be long before I bag my first pests. 

On a serious note I do look forward to seeing how you get on with it, I posted some pictures of my steel homeloads I did recently, obviously a lot different but the principle is the same, practice makes perfect and I listened to some great advice given to me. If you do pull off a few 5p groups at 40 or 50 yards early on no doubt some will be the gun but most would be down to you as it's you who's pulling the trigger. :good:

Just now, Ttfjlc said:

On a serious note I do look forward to seeing how you get on with it, I posted some pictures of my steel homeloads I did recently, obviously a lot different but the principle is the same, practice makes perfect and I listened to some great advice given to me. If you do pull off a few 5p groups at 40 or 50 yards early on no doubt some will be the gun but most would be down to you as it's you who's pulling the trigger. :good:

I'll definitely be trying hard. 

1 minute ago, Ttfjlc said:

I'll warn you now though pal when you post a pic of a 40 yard grouping I'll be the first to say my £300 airarms s400 can match that. :good:

Funny you say that I'm about to pull the trigger on either the 400 or the 410, I cannot wait a month without a gun or I might just say #### it and get the one I really loved shooting, the s510 ultimate sporter, absolutely loved shooting it. 

4 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

Funny you say that I'm about to pull the trigger on either the 400 or the 410, I cannot wait a month without a gun or I might just say #### it and get the one I really loved shooting, the s510 ultimate sporter, absolutely loved shooting it. 

And funny how you should say that as I'd love to get the s510 ultimate sporter if and when funds allow. 

5 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

And funny how you should say that as I'd love to get the s510 ultimate sporter if and when funds allow. 

The only thing stopped me going for the s510 us, was the 60+ shot count, now users do say it is closer to 70, however. Also been looking at the really cool looking s510 tdr, what a cool looking gun.