Please Please Help!!

atyl1972

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit.

id rather like an fx crown myself .in .25 or 30 cal .at fac level .where the adjustmets it has can make a difference. To long range accuracy .ie 100 yds. I Cant afford it though and couldnt justify one at sub 12. 

How does the barrel cal swap feature work and still stay legal when going from .177 cal to .22 .assuming adjusting the reg pressure .and hammer tension wheels wont take it over 12 fpe in stock form .?? 

7 hours ago, atyl1972 said:

lolz, see the videos on yt, I'm no liar you'll see the top guys from all over test, review, tune these guns and every new top pcp out there, your response optimises everything bad about coming on here asking for advice and tips as a beginner, don't know why you responded like that and quite simply I do not care and certainly won't lose any sleep tonight over it, fact...what FX are doing with their guns over the last 3 years has shocked every other manufacturer, not just looks and design, but out and out quality and precision. I wonder what you shoot??

ever heard never look a gift horse in the mouth, you've had nothing but good advice from complete strangers freely giving their years and decades of advice. 

And if you read a few other posts you would know exactly what Bruno shoots.

1 hour ago, Seadog1408 said:

Mmm, that large chip on your shoulder might need removing before stock fitting, and no adult should use "lolz".

mike

No chip whatsoever I'm  more grounded than a snake, just why do people have to say stupid comments just cos I've decided on a gun. 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

I have to admit.

id rather like an fx crown myself .in .25 or 30 cal .at fac level .where the adjustmets it has can make a difference. To long range accuracy .ie 100 yds. I Cant afford it though and couldnt justify one at sub 12. 

How does the barrel cal swap feature work and still stay legal when going from .177 cal to .22 .assuming adjusting the reg pressure .and hammer tension wheels wont take it over 12 fpe in stock form .?? 

When I buy  a. 22 barrel kit the gun will remain 12 ft lb but can then easily be tuned for fac when and if i decide to apply. 

1 hour ago, DC177 said:

Look out for the new post next week: 

"Help! Having problems with the FX Crown."

If you read op it's not until next month, but thanks for the support in the gun community. 

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

ever heard never look a gift horse in the mouth, you've had nothing but good advice from complete strangers freely giving their years and decades of advice. 

And if you read a few other posts you would know exactly what Bruno shoots.

And a ton of sarcasm to boot, was told pretty much to stay away from forums as the amount of keyboard warrior's are growing by the day, especially when someone new comes along with x amount of ££££ to spend, jealousy will kick in when they're still using 20 year old springers. Read other comments I've had that tries to put me down even before I've got the gun. It's just funny. 

1 minute ago, Good shot? said:

I think that was good advice given to you.

Have fun with your new gun.

Point me in the direction of the sound advice then take a look at the ones that's put me down then come back to me. You all stick together on here exactly as I said a few posts ago, you optimise the reason of forums. Only advice I see is "don't spend a that money buy a cheap springer and learn" well as it's my money I'll buy what I want and so will the next person. Very little decent advice or support have I received. Ultrastu one of very few who's  remained decent with support and advice. 

‘someone new comes along with x amount of ££££ to spend, jealousy will kick in when they're still using 20 year old springers’

Nice ?

its not jealsouly it’s called ‘wise’.

For what Ive seen, it’s been helpful advice from people in the know who have tried to guide you. You’ve basically asked for what is the best expensive gun and most on here don’t own them as they know the score with them. You should of just listened to YouTube all along. 

Good luck with gun and please how your getting on with it.

Think you are being a little bit sensitive to some of the replies, I have been back and looked at most of the advice given and apart from the odd post, most seem to be giving you good advice, in fact there’s one post from you thanking everyone for their help and advice, you are on an open forum and people have different views, some may put their views a bit stronger than others, I think most of us have had some stick at some time in the past,

P.S. don’t ever go beating because you will get the urine taken out of you something rotten, I would imagine you will also get the urine taken when you visit your range, but its all part of the crack, learn to take it but also give some out and move on.:good:

Thanks atyl :good:

I re watched the airgun gear show review on the crown this morning .

I saw that it has a transfer port adjuster marked .177 .22 .25 .30 cal .

Typically on a sub 12 pcp thats un regged the .30 cal tp would be smallest and .177 largest .thats because it requires more air to get a .177 up to speed  (11.5 fpe ) than a .22 and so on .

I think the impact,  when you changed barrels and probes etc .that the probe its self worked like an air restrictive tp  controlling the air amount .in conjunction with the transfer port .

This was to get round the 12 fpe issue of swapping cals  in the uk 

The crown may be the same .

My worry .would be that. The .177 cal crown is set rather lower in energy (widest tp .) To stop the .22 cal etc going over 12 fpe .when swapped .

But i will admit im not 100 % sure as to how fx have altered these guns to stay legal  in the uk when swapping cals .

I know they are able to swap twist rates too .how do the different twists effect velocity an energy .? 

All the above is tricky to say the least .and i guess is why some people are unsure of the effectiveness of all this adjustability at sub 12 .

Just to add .

Fx make excellent guns and barrels. 

And im sure it will be spot on .Although i have no faith in asi as a repair  centre .though ....

I think airfective are now official tuners .i know they worked on my mates wildcat .last year. 

6 hours ago, Seadog1408 said:

Mmm, that large chip on your shoulder might need removing before stock fitting, and no adult should use "lolz".

mike

thanks for the feedback mike, I'll take it on board

4 hours ago, Good shot? said:

I think that was good advice given to you.

Have fun with your new gun.

will do

3 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

‘someone new comes along with x amount of ££££ to spend, jealousy will kick in when they're still using 20 year old springers’

Nice ?

its not jealsouly it’s called ‘wise’.

For what Ive seen, it’s been helpful advice from people in the know who have tried to guide you. You’ve basically asked for what is the best expensive gun and most on here don’t own them as they know the score with them. You should of just listened to YouTube all along. 

Good luck with gun and please how your getting on with it.

not once asked for what was the most expensive gun, I've just placed an order on one of and simply wanted to know where to go from ordering an Impact, simple friendly asking, but then get sarcastic comments from KW that probably don't even have a gun, and if they do, probably don't even shoot it, just troll on here everyday instead.

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Think you are being a little bit sensitive to some of the replies, I have been back and looked at most of the advice given and apart from the odd post, most seem to be giving you good advice, in fact there’s one post from you thanking everyone for their help and advice, you are on an open forum and people have different views, some may put their views a bit stronger than others, I think most of us have had some stick at some time in the past,

P.S. don’t ever go beating because you will get the urine taken out of you something rotten, I would imagine you will also get the urine taken when you visit your range, but its all part of the crack, learn to take it but also give some out and move on.:good:

Christ alive, taking the urine! I work in a prison so I think I'm qualified to have had that happen, just the once or twice, didn't expect it being a newbie on here though, when asking for some advice, my take on buying a gun is obvs more different than someone else, yes I like the look of a gun, whichever gun I buy I know darn well it'll outshoot me for the next 50 years and more, and cost wise if I have the money to buy whats meant to be the best then so be it, I see it as a little unfair for people to say " don't buy an expensive gun to start", yet realistically how long will it take me to get my range sorted, hold over and under with the amount of practise I am getting now, I'm a an half decent shot and getting better by the day, each visit I see a difference in my aim, the way and position I hold the gun too. 

35 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Thanks atyl :good:

I re watched the airgun gear show review on the crown this morning .

I saw that it has a transfer port adjuster marked .177 .22 .25 .30 cal .

Typically on a sub 12 pcp thats un regged the .30 cal tp would be smallest and .177 largest .thats because it requires more air to get a .177 up to speed  (11.5 fpe ) than a .22 and so on .

I think the impact,  when you changed barrels and probes etc .that the probe its self worked like an air restrictive tp  controlling the air amount .in conjunction with the transfer port .

This was to get round the 12 fpe issue of swapping cals  in the uk 

The crown may be the same .

My worry .would be that. The .177 cal crown is set rather lower in energy (widest tp .) To stop the .22 cal etc going over 12 fpe .when swapped .

But i will admit im not 100 % sure as to how fx have altered these guns to stay legal  in the uk when swapping cals .

I know they are able to swap twist rates too .how do the different twists effect velocity an energy .? 

All the above is tricky to say the least .and i guess is why some people are unsure of the effectiveness of all this adjustability at sub 12 .

Just to add .

Fx make excellent guns and barrels. 

And im sure it will be spot on .Although i have no faith in asi as a repair  centre .though ....

I think airfective are now official tuners .i know they worked on my mates wildcat .last year. 

I'm not sure either but my guess would be that when FX offers sub 12 owners a chance to buy in my case a .22 barrel kit, then surely it would be no different than if I originally purchased the 22 equivalent, when as I say I want to get it up to fac spec then I take it to get it tuned for the extra ft lb? :)  don't quote a newbie 

2 hours ago, atyl1972 said:

Christ alive, taking the urine! I work in a prison so I think I'm qualified to have had that happen, just the once or twice, didn't expect it being a newbie on here though, when asking for some advice, my take on buying a gun is obvs more different than someone else, yes I like the look of a gun, whichever gun I buy I know darn well it'll outshoot me for the next 50 years and more, and cost wise if I have the money to buy whats meant to be the best then so be it, I see it as a little unfair for people to say " don't buy an expensive gun to start", yet realistically how long will it take me to get my range sorted, hold over and under with the amount of practise I am getting now, I'm a an half decent shot and getting better by the day, each visit I see a difference in my aim, the way and position I hold the gun too. 

I'm not sure either but my guess would be that when FX offers sub 12 owners a chance to buy in my case a .22 barrel kit, then surely it would be no different than if I originally purchased the 22 equivalent, when as I say I want to get it up to fac spec then I take it to get it tuned for the extra ft lb? :)  don't quote a newbie 

Fair enough .

Your choice of sub 12. Fx .crown is a great idea if you do decide to take it up to fac .as its obviously  very suited to higher power..im sure airfective will be able to do the conversion .or you maybe able to do it your self later on when the tickets are all in place .

Good luck with it .and its a far better choice of gun than any daystate imo.at any power level .

Please feel free once you have it to share your thoughts and experience  with pw. Or with me at least .as id be very interested to see how it goes .

Cheers. Stu. 

2 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Fair enough .

Your choice of sub 12. Fx .crown is a great idea if you do decide to take it up to fac .as its obviously  very suited to higher power..im sure airfective will be able to do the conversion .or you maybe able to do it your self later on when the tickets are all in place .

Good luck with it .and its a far better choice of gun than any daystate imo.at any power level .

Please feel free once you have it to share your thoughts and experience  with pw. Or with me at least .as id be very interested to see how it goes .

Cheers. Stu. 

Deffo buddy, will do

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Just read all of this and feeling a little inferior now with my two daystates :lol:

I thought they were ok till now. 

Good luck with the new gun.

I was so close to picking the pulsar myself, why do you have 2 guns, I feel I had some grief on here for thinking of getting 2 myself?

12 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

I was so close to picking the pulsar myself, why do you have 2 guns, I feel I had some grief on here for thinking of getting 2 myself?

Only 2 .hah .:lol:

I have 10  Airguns .

8  of which are .177 

A .22 and a .25. 

And use them all .and thats not even a lot by some standards. You buy as many as u like mate. .

Enjoy your purchase, I'd also be interested in how it performs. Some pictures and some shooting videos wouldn't go a miss either :good: I'd like to see it in action.

I only have 1 air rifle an AA S410 .22 sub 12flb.

I have 2 air pistols (thinking of making it 3) we shoot practical air pistol at my club.

I have various rimfire and fullbore:good: (not sure where this will stop):lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

I have read through all the comments.  I purchased a nicely looked after AATX200 12 months ago. OK it is heavy.  It is a 177.  This afternoon I called in at a farm where I am trying to recue the number of barn pigeons. 159 to date with no apparent reduction.  Anyway back to subject. I was tucked in behind a big round straw bale and a couple of pigeons landed on the far end of the shed roof.  43yrds. One poked it's head above the roof line a couple of times and the third time I squeazed one off.  It bounced down the roof and the pellet had entered and left the eyes killing it instantly.  Now if you want an accurate rifle.........................................................