Fight night.

The gouse

I know Price wobbled Povetkin once, but he didn't look like he wanted to get involved. It was as bad as the Hughie Fury survival dance school against Parker.

In that fight, I can't recall Fury throwing a meaningful punch, but claimed he was robbed. Delusional.

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

Joshua's 100% K.O record is gone. Dreadful fight and dreadful reffing IMO. 

On the bright side, the scoring seemed right for a change!

It's such a shame the ref wouldn't let them just tear into each other. He's there to maintain the rules and protect a fighter if he's going down, but not to stop them fighting! If that's the future of refereeing, I'm going home.

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

Joshua's 100% K.O record is gone. Dreadful fight and dreadful reffing IMO. 

A waste of my money. I know Joshua did it for the win, but I thought he was an entertainer! He barely threw a punch tonight.

3 hours ago, Winston72 said:

Wheres Sako?? didn't see the fight but totally respect his opinions in matters of pugilism, anyone heard from him lately?

Probably fast asleep in his new shooting hut, check out the pics section.

something online about the ref said he's going to spend the night out in Cardiff stopping any more fights ? 

I really feel for price, such a devastating puncher but hasn't got the stamina to fight full rounds and not the best defence, coupled with lost confidence after being put down by Tony Thompson, unfortunately hes got to retire. Also needing to retire was the Joshua Parker ref, don't know what he was thinking, as for the fight, AJ looked good, in control for the whole fight except two rounds and even then didn't look too flustered, very boring but like klitchco used to, he did what he needed to win the fight and he didn't need to get into a tear up with such a smaller man. Hopefully wilder will be an interesting fight.

On 4/1/2018 at 00:21, Winston72 said:

Wheres Sako?? didn't see the fight but totally respect his opinions in matters of pugilism, anyone heard from him lately?

Too much credit fella,but cheers.

Some not impressed with AJ but personally will give him credit for fighting a 12 rounder with good discipline.

Theres been a lot of statements of him being "Brunoesque" and one dimensional but think he fought well off a good jab and its something his trainer Robert McCracken should take loads of credit for after being brutally honest in his assessment of the win over Wlad K.

No doubt the HW division is still in a very poor era so he can only fight who is put in front of him and still think he is beatable by a couple including the cruiserweight Usyk who imo would school him.

As for Price,he should have hung up the gloves a few defeats ago.

He has been mentally shot for years and taken some brutal KOs.

Edit to say,

Not sure if many are aware but the rematch between GGG and Clenelo Alvarez is in serious doubt after the Mexican tested positive for Clen,a weight loss drug a couple of weeks ago.

Hes blaming eating contaminated meat,which is indeed a problem in Mexico but the amounts were pretty large and points to him being roided up and getting a possible ban.

Another edit,think its just confirmed the fight is off and Clenelo has a suspension.

Edited by sako751sg

11 hours ago, DannyS said:

I just read that apparently Wilder has agreed to fight in the UK. How true that is I don't know but if true, could mean a fight in the summer? 

Havent heard or seen anything to confirm it yet but hoping it does happen,either here or in the US.