Daystate Pulsar Sling?

atyl1972

Happy Easter Sunday everyone, I'm possibly looking to purchase a Daystate Pulsar but wanted to know of any owners, pst or current that have had a sling attached to their Pulsars, if so can they please provide a picture, I cannot seem to find any of a swivel being attached to the rear of the rifle apart from accustom made plate that fits into the rear stock by the butt plate, I know you can get a picatinny  attachment for the front rail to have a swivel. :good:

25 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

I really would take notice of Ultrastu when he says Don't purchase a Daystate especially the Pulsar, When there's so many good Rifles on offer.

But it's your choice :hmm:

Ok, but why are you saying that, what is your opinion, do you have 1st hand experience, or know anyone who does to say they're not what they seem?

Getting back to the DS first thing i do when looking at a new purchase is Google the item with the words issues after it and sit back and read anything that comes up then filter out the negs due to operator error and make up my own mind based on the remaining perceived good info.
The Daystates do get returned by all accounts due to faulty electronics fairly regular like which begs the question why stick em in there to start with ??

BUT

They do look smart :good: so maybe get one for wall dressing :whistling:  in fact I'll go as far to say you get one and I'll hang it on my wall ?

Pulsar_Laminate_Grey_RH_4000.jpg

Edited by Snoozer

1 minute ago, Snoozer said:

Getting back to the DS first thing i do when looking at a new purchase is Google the item with the words issues after it and sit back and read anything that comes up then filter out the negs due to operator error and make up my own mind based on the remaining perceived good info.
The Daystates do get returned by all accounts due to faulty electronics fairly regular like which begs the question why stick em in there to start with ??

BUT

They do look smart :good: so maybe get one for wall dressing :whistling:  in fact I'll go as far to say you get one and I'll hang it on my wall ?

Pulsar_Laminate_Grey_RH_4000.jpg

For me personally, if I choose your method of elimination for a certain product, I'd never buy anything because nothing in this world is perfect, but who cares when you have a lifetime warranty with the gun, for parts and labour and surely if the issues become a regular occurrence, exchange for a different rifle.

6 hours ago, Snoozer said:

I spent some time in the factory a few years back, being trained up on the then current models. This was the early days of the electronics in the guns.
ALL of the units were fully tested prior to assembly, plus given lots of testing prior to dispatch to the shop/customer. Even still, a lot of the electronics fitted had QC issues & guns were often sent back in for repair/upgrade.

The BIG surprise to me were the boxes of Walther barrels, that were awaiting return to the makers as they were below the required standard. 

5 hours ago, atyl1972 said:

and then this happens...image.png.4d088a377ad3096807d453ac6fe37e9c.pngPulsar 300 shot group

You do know daystate will only grantee  there guns accuracy out to 25 yds .? 

See my 10 year old bsa scorp groups at 22 yds shot off my wobbly knee on 7 x mag. In the rain .

That group above if at 25 yds is almost carp .

What im saying is dont be fooled .

IMG_20180329_194843.jpg

1 minute ago, Ultrastu said:

You do know daystate will only grantee  there guns accuracy out to 25 yds .? 

See my 10 year old bsa scorp groups at 22 yds shot off my wobbly knee on 7 x mag. In the rain .

That group above if at 25 yds is almost carp .

What im saying is dont be fooled .

IMG_20180329_194843.jpg

I'm under no illusion buddy, I'm steering clear of the Pulsar and electric guns totally. 

The daystate above looks cumbersome 

And feels worse than it looks .and its heavy too boot with the cocking handle in the wrong place. .and runs a mag thats known to cause inaccuracies. 

But hey its up to u. 

2 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

I'm under no illusion buddy, I'm steering clear of the Pulsar and electric guns totally. 

Then why are you asking about how to fit sling to one if you dont wont one .? 

2 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

The daystate above looks cumbersome 

And feels worse than it looks .and its heavy too boot with the cocking handle in the wrong place. .and runs a mag thats known to cause inaccuracies. 

But hey its up to u. 

Then why are you asking about how to fit sling to one if you dont wont one .? 

since the OP I've done some homework, even spoke to a gunsmith, stay clear they told me.