Daystate Pulsar Sling?

atyl1972

10 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

But there is something about Daystate though. I keep looking at their rifles. 

That something .is a massive price tag that fools you into thinking your buying more than you really are. 

If it fits like a glove and you absolutely need to spend a fortune to make you feel better. Then fine .but if you want a gun to just hit stuff then buy an air arms or bsa .

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

Just curious as you said you had spoken to him since your OP? so what’s he recommending?

I didn't really ask him to recommend, but when I was there yesterday I remember him saying then about the pulsar, well he kind of "gnarled" when I asked what it was like. 

1 minute ago, Ultrastu said:

That something .is a massive price tag that fools you into thinking your buying more than you really are. 

If it fits like a glove and you absolutely need to spend a fortune to make you feel better. Then fine .but if you want a gun to just hit stuff then buy an air arms or bsa .

because I set up the finance I now have to go ahead, which I'm fine with and the shop is brilliant in not even making me pay a restock fee for the impact, they're really cool, it literally is only the gun I need to sort, I keep going back to the AA ultimate sporter I loved shooting that yesterday pictures simply do not do that gun any justice.

Looking back at some of your post I think you are lost, a bit like a kid in a sweet shop, to much choice and over thinking it, why not just go for something like a Air Arms rifle and see how you get on, a least you will have a rifle and can get on with finding somewhere to shoot.

24 minutes ago, atyl1972 said:

I didn't really ask him to recommend, but when I was there yesterday I remember him saying then about the pulsar, well he kind of "gnarled" when I asked what it was like. 

because I set up the finance I now have to go ahead, which I'm fine with and the shop is brilliant in not even making me pay a restock fee for the impact, they're really cool, it literally is only the gun I need to sort, I keep going back to the AA ultimate sporter I loved shooting that yesterday pictures simply do not do that gun any justice.

Ok just read the reviews on the Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter and from what you have said in your earlier posts this gun sounds right up your street, so what you waiting for, go for it, you know you want it, and its only £860…..https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/airguns/air-rifles/air-arms-s510-ultimate-sporter

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Ok just read the reviews on the Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter and from what you have said in your earlier posts this gun sounds right up your street, so what you waiting for, go for it, you know you want it, and its only £860…..https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/airguns/air-rifles/air-arms-s510-ultimate-sporter

Yep agree 100% but I am struggling with the 60+ shot count, some saying though they get 70, that was where my rational is by going for another gun with a higher shot count, and just take both guns to the range. s510 is so customisable too, and swivel studs, even adjustable at the front with a rail that can attach a bipod without affecting the swivel mount. thanks for the help and support, very much appreciated. 

I use an Air Arms .22 S400 and I can head shoot rabbits at 30,40,50 yards and it kills them stone dead, so that super duper S510 should do the job and its got the looks you are after, and stop worrying about pellet count per charge.  

can't resist, wonder which rifle you will want today ???

as for "only" getting 60 shots, that means the gun weighs less, looks better and once you have got over the initial excitement of needing too shoot two hundred pellets a session you'll have a gun you like.

now onto which pellet, scope, gunbag, night vision, silencer, knife, boxer shorts..................................................

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

can't resist, wonder which rifle you will want today ???

as for "only" getting 60 shots, that means the gun weighs less, looks better and once you have got over the initial excitement of needing too shoot two hundred pellets a session you'll have a gun you like.

now onto which pellet, scope, gunbag, night vision, silencer, knife, boxer shorts..................................................

nah today, im sticking with original purchase, the gun I hate....Impact

3 hours ago, davewh100 said:

what is your intentions target, hunting, or both depending on which gun i would be looking for

Targets at the range to start, then when accustomed and competent enough, on to vermin and pest control.

2 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

?

seriously though, for someone that says they look at all the reviews, I’m surprised your considering a Daystate.

they look like nice guns, some of them anyway. Good reviews especially on YT, some of the UK you tubers use them with success especially in the hunting scene, Mat Manning for example, but mainly 2 gunsmiths have said that they have rarely had many returns of daystates rifles, 1 said they had a Pulsar back into the shop but that was down to user error not the rifle, and the other mentioned they haven't seen a daystate and probably would forget how to fix them.