Forgotten to notify

sambu13

Hi there,

in in the process of renewing my sgc I’ve realised i haven’t notified the police that I have moved address. My guns are kept st my parents house (previous address) but I now live with my wife’s parents just down the road. I obviously have the cabinet key in my possession. 

My only explanation for the omission was that the ‘move’ to my wife’s family home was incremental and took me years to change it on all official documents. 

Advice please ! 

It's a pity it's bank holiday Monday, it's not looking very good for you is it ? You need to get rid of your shotguns ASAP or you'll end up in prison for up to 5 years dodging the big boys in the showers.

But really,  don't worry about it just let them know via email or snail mail. 

54 minutes ago, sambu13 said:

Could I transfer them to a friends sgc and let mine lapse? 

Then re-apply when I get my cabinet moved to my parents in law (not simple)

I seriously think your best policy is honesty. Just hold up your hands and admit your lapse; we're all human and I think you'll find they'll understand. Ring your FEO tomorrow and tell him what you've done, and that it was a genuine oversight. You'll just complicate matters otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

I seriously think your best policy is honesty. Just hold up your hands and admit your lapse; we're all human and I think you'll find they'll understand. Ring your FEO tomorrow and tell him what you've done, and that it was a genuine oversight. You'll just complicate matters otherwise. 

Agreed! What's the worst they could do?

2 hours ago, paul1966 said:

why let it lapse if you know you will need to re apply, surely its easier to re new it rather than start from scratch again.

+2. Explain your lapse to the FEO. Discuss the situation with your guns at your parents and problems with relocating to inlaws. Transfer your guns to a friend if need be. FEO's are there for advice, not just the granting of certificates.

18 hours ago, sambu13 said:

Hi there,

in in the process of renewing my sgc I’ve realised i haven’t notified the police that I have moved address. My guns are kept st my parents house (previous address) but I now live with my wife’s parents just down the road. I obviously have the cabinet key in my possession. 

My only explanation for the omission was that the ‘move’ to my wife’s family home was incremental and took me years to change it on all official documents. 

Advice please ! 

So you moved out of the house that was inspected to another house a few doors away and the guns didn`t , wheres the the problem? tell them you have recently moved to your new address which is a few doors away and would like your certificate updating with your new address. I would imagine If they want you to move the guns they will ask you to do so but you wouldn`t be the first person to have their guns kept a place which is not where they live.

3 hours ago, sportsbob said:

So you moved out of the house that was inspected to another house a few doors away and the guns didn`t , wheres the the problem? tell them you have recently moved to your new address which is a few doors away and would like your certificate updating with your new address. I would imagine If they want you to move the guns they will ask you to do so but you wouldn`t be the first person to have their guns kept a place which is not where they live.

+1

I did this for a number of years. Originally got my sgc while living at my parents place. I then moved into rented accommodation but left my cabinet at my parents. I notified the police of my change of address bit told them the cabinet was at the original address. They were perfectly happy with that arrangement and everything was fine. Only took my safe back when I finally bought my own place. 

Talk to your feo and see what they say.