Towing vehicle 3.5t

Huntly

Good morning. 

Wondering if anyone has a suitable vehicle they plan on selling soon, my dad is looking for a vehicle to tow his big trailer so he wants something that can tow 3.5 tonnes. 7 seats would be a bonus too and he prefers a manual gearbox but for a good vehicle compromises can be made. Budget is around £2000 as it'll probably be used infrequently so he doesn't want to spend too much on something that will sit unused a lot of the time. He likes the look of long wheel base shoguns and LR Discovery, but not found any suitable (decent condition!) ones for sale locally yet, and is coming around to the idea of a 110 landrover, though I know at that price it'll be a bit of a project I'm sure! Age and mileage are not a huge issue providing the vehicle is in sound condition and has been looked after.  This is for road use so an MOT is essential.

Just thought I'd try asking other forum members before he rushes out and parts with money for something regrettable. Something around the North or North East of Scotland would be ideal but I can travel further afield on his behalf if necessary, I like an adventure. Send me a message if you have something and I will discuss with him, he is hard of hearing so doesn't use phones anymore. Thank you. 

We have a disco for the same sort of use but that budget wont go far with Landies, even if you go for a disco.

Options are rather limited if he genuinely needs a 3.5ton limit, at 2.7ton there are a lot more options, i think until recently the longwheelbase shogun had a lower limit than 3.5ton.

Jeep Grand Cherokee  is worth looking at. If it’s only going to be used for low mileage use get the V8 and joy the sound. The 4.0 straight six is indestructible and the purchase prices are low because the big engines put people off