L200 gearbox problem

Benthejockey

The wife was driving my truck and trailer, put it in 4wd to go into the yard, drove in and reversed out and then knocked it back into 2wd. She drove about 2 or 3 miles, pulled over to let a van pass and went to pull away and thought it felt a bit weak pulling away. Then she noticed an orange engine warning light, the D on the lcd display on the dash was flashing as was the 4wd/2wd light. I unhitched the trailer and jumped in it and it definitely isn’t pulling properly. The 4wd/2wd has stopped flashing so I think it’s decided it’s not in 4wd but I’m not sure if it isn’t still stuck in 4wd. When it’s up to speed it seems normal...I think. I’ve reversed it a good way and gone forwards again both with 4wd on and off. It sort of clunks into reverse now. The warning light is still on and the D still flashes. It’s an Automatic 2009 L200 Animal just coming up to doing 77k miles. So firstly what’s wrong with it do we think? And secondly what’s the repair? I’m hoping leaving it turned off for a few hours will reset the computer and it’s an easy fix like that!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:25, Benthejockey said:

New gearbox and transfer box ? bloody auto so it all has to be changed. £1500!!!

Sorry but i don't think that will be a new box. Last year my manual gearbox went, cost £1500 to refurbish, i.e. strip down and new mesh, gears etc. Think you will probably be looking at 4 to 6k for a new one.