Pensioner arrested after fatally stabbing burglar

DanBettin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Would efforts to find the intruder who fled the scene of the crime have been given higher or lower priority than grilling the elderly victim of the break-in?   Has that second intruder been arrested, or is he still at large?

Think he is still at large. There is a £50k reward out on him and apparently the deceased "traveller's" family are not too impressed he left him and are also looking for him!

On 05/04/2018 at 18:08, yod dropper said:

There are photos of the burglar.  I thought that he had a look about him that I've seen before, you know, you get to recognise them.  Bit of research and my suspicions were confirmed.  Shall we just say, career criminal, distraction burglaries, shoddy scam work, same name as his father.... 

Way back from 2003 and repeated over many years after that:

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/home/family-of-cowboys-banged-up/861668.article

Funnily enough, I had the same thought. Almost as if his house may be portable?

So off to Facebook I went, and my suspicions were confirmed, but "he was a lovely lad and didn't deserve to die".

best news for ages its a confirmed no action to be taken ........

not that I am condoning the taking of a life but under the circumstances of finding 2 burglars in your house one armed [ all be it with a screwdriver he was still armed and people have died being stabbed with a screwdriver] probably threatening to do you harm if you don't give them what they ask for I do believe in that you are well within your rights to defend your property and life with what ever force / means it takes to ensure your safety and those if any in the property with you .

it is unfortunate that the old boy whos house it was now has to live the rest of his life knowing he has ended a life but its good to know he is not being prosecuted for it

45 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

it is unfortunate that the old boy whos house it was now has to live the rest of his life knowing he has ended a life but its good to know he is not being prosecuted for it

Its also unfortunate that a completely lawless scumbag family know exactly where he lives too.
The only way he will rest easy at night is by moving away, and probably changing his identity, not a pleasant thing to have to do at his age.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The only way he will rest easy at night is by moving away, and probably changing his identity, not a pleasant thing to have to do at his age.

This may well be the defining factor of how well the system functions?

Will be worth watching this situation, given that miscreants seem to qualify for moves and anonymity quite regularly?

John Venables commits crime after crime and we pay for this service. This pensioner is a victim, not a criminal, but I suspect his support will be zero

Funny old world.

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Funny old world.

Do you know what I find funny?

You can't point a finger and say 'this is whats wrong' it's like the whole of society has gone soft on criminals. 

Remember when some prime minister said "We're going to get tough on crime, and tough on the causes of crime"? 

Not only have we failed on both counts, the failure of the first, actually makes the second worse! 

If some really mean sentences got handed out, maybe, just maybe, criminals would think twice. 

A friend of a friend, a prolific high level drug dealer, (he even had a TV program made about him) whose life has gone from crime to crime,  skipped the country as his latest cigarette smuggling enterprise got rumbled, his friends took between 2 and 3 years jail time. 4 years later he was extradited and sentenced to 3.5 years, you know how long he was inside before he was out on a tag? 6 months. Why even bother? 

We are the laughing stock of the world ,repeat offenders out in months or on tag when they get locked up crime drops in their area ,prisons full build some more .More prisons =more jobs ,yes some people are socially deprived and it leads to desperation and petty crime But the majority are just parasites living off others and as long courts slap their wrist rather than punish theyl keep doing it .Murder is that ,no parole ,no out in ten years ,drug dealer bye throw away the key 

I found the floral tributes bit in the news interesting. 

I know someone has died, and that's unfortunate, but that aside I can't help feeling that it smacks of a section of society who genuinely feel that laws don't apply to them and that other people's property and sensibilities are literally irrelevant (I mean they sincerely believe it, probably from birth) and so, in a twisted way, it's understandable that they are reacting the way they do. 

Just shows how 'funny' the world has become, if that's the right word. Perhaps it's a little too much to expect a 'community' to show some respect back to the normal, generally law-abiding folks who they hold in such contempt. 

13 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

I found the floral tributes bit in the news interesting. 

I know someone has died, and that's unfortunate, but that aside I can't help feeling that it smacks of a section of society who genuinely feel that laws don't apply to them and that other people's property and sensibilities are literally irrelevant (I mean they sincerely believe it, probably from birth) and so, in a twisted way, it's understandable that they are reacting the way they do. 

Just shows how 'funny' the world has become, if that's the right word. Perhaps it's a little too much to expect a 'community' to show some respect back to the normal, generally law-abiding folks who they hold in such contempt. 

Their morals differ from those of people who pay their way in society.