richochet to the head

skinner

probably a good job that the round took another ricchochet on the ground before hitting him.........

I would have been hitting the deck when I heard the whistle coming towards me...........................

Man is lucky to be alive.................

think I would have been buying a lottery ticket that night.

1 lucky man :good::lol:

When in the presense of guns SAFETY must allways be your 100% priority but we all get complacent at times and forget this. Then we watch video clips or read about accidents and it reminds us that what we are playing with could kill us if not used and respected as it should be, :lol:

Kipper :yes:

1 lucky man :good::lol:

When in the presense of guns SAFETY must allways be your 100% priority but we all get complacent at times and forget this. Then we watch video clips or read about accidents and it reminds us that what we are playing with could kill us if not used and respected as it should be, :lol:

Kipper :lol:

well said :yes::lol:

Mmm!!

I shoot at a Stainless steel backstop at 100yds ,,,,,,,,,,,,But it is with a fragmenting bullet ,ballistic tip to be precise .I have also shot hollow point but I'm curious because a .50 solid round would go straight through a considerable thick piece of metal because the energy is'nt transfered or spread as in soft material but quite focused ..........I think maybe it's the result of that iron plate being lent right on a solid bank (No air gap behind )of already compressed sand that might have helped this ricochet on it's way but who knows :unsure: :good:

yes a lucky man

Normally, being the geek I am, I would have tried to work out how this could happen (no offence to anyone who isn't a geek and has done the same) :unsure:.

This time I just assumed they'd have to be doing something daft and left it at that.

To come back like that, obviously substantially similar to the projectile he fired, is almost beyond belief. It obviously came back quite fast, but given you can see it on 24fps video, not all that fast.

To retain anything like its original shape and energy, I can't work out what it could hit to come back in the direction of fire like that.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, paraphrasing newton. These bullets don't bounce.

I would love to hear the explanation for how this happened.

Normally, being the geek I am, I would have tried to work out how this could happen (no offence to anyone who isn't a geek and has done the same) :o.

This time I just assumed they'd have to be doing something daft and left it at that.

To come back like that, obviously substantially similar to the projectile he fired, is almost beyond belief. It obviously came back quite fast, but given you can see it on 24fps video, not all that fast.

To retain anything like its original shape and energy, I can't work out what it could hit to come back in the direction of fire like that.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, paraphrasing newton. These bullets don't bounce.

I would love to hear the explanation for how this happened.

even though,i still think it is a good saftey lesson not to carry on with guns you never know what could happen no point in sayn this is what happend or thats what happend JUST DONT DO IT thats what i say saftey first main priority ;):no: