Another gun related arrest

Newbie to this

Doesn't mention if he is a licence holder, He wouldn't need one for the air pistol, so I doubt he would be.

But this will still go down as a gun crime statistic, maybe it'll just become another reason for the non FAC air rifles/pistols to be licensed, penalising law abiding members of the public who own them. Which could well put off people looking to take shooting up as a sport, I know non FAC air rifles and pistols was a stepping stone for me. Something I probably wouldn't have done if I had to apply and pay for a licence.

Edited by Newbie to this

23 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Was this a licence holder or just someone who decided to walk around with an air pistol, might be a stat but if not a licence holder why is it bad on us!??? 

Simply because it occurred and can be used as a statistic. 

It is a statistic?

Edited by old man

It will go down as a firearms incident, as will the one regarding the bloke shooting a heron, just like any other where a firearms is 'reported' to either have been used or in fact just reported to have been seen, regardless of whether it turns out to be a firearm or not.

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

It will go down as a firearms incident, as will the one regarding the bloke shooting a heron, just like any other where a firearms is 'reported' to either have been used or in fact just reported to have been seen, regardless of whether it turns out to be a firearm or not.

A guy I've worked for was arrested and charged with a firearms offence for stripping down and cleaning off his wind surf board!  A member of the public on the same beach saw him doing this from the cliff top and had a flap thinking the pole was a gun. Police arrived he was arrested and now he has a record. Not a gun in sight, and doesn't own one.

It's a mad world

On 05/04/2018 at 18:54, Pistol p said:

A guy I've worked for was arrested and charged with a firearms offence for stripping down and cleaning off his wind surf board!  A member of the public on the same beach saw him doing this from the cliff top and had a flap thinking the pole was a gun. Police arrived he was arrested and now he has a record. Not a gun in sight, and doesn't own one.

It's a mad world

Are you meeting Pp?