Looks like Lincolnshire have kicked off compulsory doctors reports

Zetter

It looks like Lincolnshire Police have following the example of police Scotland and are now demanding a medical report before Grant or Renewal.

https://www.lincs.police.uk/news-campaigns/news/2017/changes-to-firearms-licencing-to-boost-public-safety/?hootPostID=29474b830fc8cc39ccf94c77c9fa5ce5

Didnt think it would take long. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest stevo

This was ALWAYS going to happen , it’s basc that’s been filling everyone’s heads with  “ don’t pay , they can’t make you blah blah blah “ 

we will fight it . Blah blah blah . Hmmmm, yeah whatever . Let’s see how you do going up against Lincolnshire !  Oh wait they took absolutely no notice of you what so ever , just like all the other forces are going to .

I cant think of any key issues  that BASC has ever won outright  . or without sacrificing some other part of our sport . 

Sooner people relalise that weve got do as we’re told , NOT what BASC says we should do the better . 

You wait give it a couple of days and they be spouting off again about how we should do this and not do that .  Launch another pointless campaign, wasting more members money . How we should all be writing to our MPs ( my MP don’t give a toss about shooting , so who do I complain to ?) 

They have about as much political power as our local woman’s institute . 

Until we get proper representation by an organisation that is willing to spend money in areas where it should be spent and show its teeth . We should just enjoy what we have while we have it ?

Maybe the 150,000 members they reckon they have should all stop there direct debits for a month just to give them a wake up call . 

Basc you get paid millions of pounds per year to fight for your members , now is the time ! 

Edited by stevo

2 minutes ago, stevo said:

This was ALWAYS going to happen , it’s basc that’s been filling everyone’s heads with  “ don’t pay , they can’t make you blah blah blah “ 

we will fight it . Blah blah blah . Hmmmm, yeah whatever . Let’s see how you do going up against Lincolnshire !  Oh wait they took absolutely no notice of you what so ever , just like all the other forces are going to .

I cant think of any key issues  that BASC has ever won outright  . or without sacrificing some other part of our sport . 

Sooner people relalise that weve got do as we’re told , NOT what BASC says we should do the better . 

You wait give it a couple of days and they be spouting off again about how we should do this and not do that .  Launch another pointless campaign, wasting more members money . How we should all be writing to our MPs ( my MP don’t give a toss about shooting , so who do I complain to ?) 

Until we get proper representation by an organisation that is will to spend money in areas where it should be spent and show its teeth . We should just enjoy what we have while we have it ?

Maybe the 150,000 members they reckon they have should all stop there direct debits for a month just to give them a wake up call . 

Basc you get paid millions of pounds per year to fight for your members , now is the time ! 

very good strong point, lets see how basc get around it.

Are we going to see compulsory medicals before obtaining a driving license, I very much doubt it. At least we will all be safe in the knowledge that these new tighter gun control measures will put an end to gun crime! Complete rubbish. As said above some pleb trying to make a name for themselves.

This is tantamount to blackmail! If gun owners don't pay a third party.........no certificate!......Effectively arbitrarily increasing the cost to the public of £40-£50 for the process of obtaining a certificate.

It seems the police have declared UDI from the government and their primary purpose is now making law...........not enforcing it?

It is now apparent this issue has never been resolved; nor does it seem it is going to be anytime soon. How on earth police should be allowed to dictate policy like this,  is beyond me.

I wonder what would be the result if shooters simply refused to comply? After all, the police authority in question is acting against agreed HO guidance....isn't it? 

Guest stevo
9 minutes ago, Scully said:

It is now apparent this issue has never been resolved; nor does it seem it is going to be anytime soon. How on earth police should be allowed to dictate policy like this,  is beyond me.

I wonder what would be the result if shooters simply refused to comply? After all, the police authority in question is acting against agreed HO guidance....isn't it? 

But the issue has been resolved, no medical check = no certificate. 

Who’s  going to tell the chief constable NO ? BASC ? 

Get used to it boys and girls .

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

I wonder what would be the result if shooters simply refused to comply?

They wouldn't get their licence's and couldn't legally hold firearms. I'm sure the force in question aren't bothered about the former and would be more than happy to investigate the latter.

Face it, there really isn't anything we can do.

We are a minority and we have little support from the non shooting voting public who along with most of the police would rather we didn't have guns.

There is no legal requirement to be registered with a GP. More and more people in London now use these non NHS walk in medical centres like Push Doctor where you pay about £20 but see a doctor straight away, and who can blame them?

Edited by Vince Green

5 hours ago, stevo said:

Until we get proper representation by an organisation that is willing to spend money in areas where it should be spent and show its teeth . We should just enjoy what we have while we have it ?

Quite right. 

BASC are a waste of space. 

9 hours ago, stevo said:

But the issue has been resolved, no medical check = no certificate. 

Who’s  going to tell the chief constable NO ? BASC ? 

Get used to it boys and girls .

But the issue was resolved between the BMA, the policethe HO and shooting reps wasn’t it? 

I know the BMA has reneged on this, but how do the police get away with interpreting this as making up their own requirements? What they are doing isn’t part of the firearms licensing act. It implies what we’ve all known from the start, that this is merely an @@@@ covering exercise on their part and nothing more. It does absolutely nothing to ensure the general public are protected. 

GP’s were informed that in no way could they be held responsible for the actions of an applicant yet the police are obviously concerned with the finger being pointed at them if and when the wheels come off. With their past record they’re going to look for someone to blame. 

But I totally agree this is yet another requirement we’ll be forced to suck up and fork out for.