Any of the Pigeon watch reloaders use a OMV tripple drill press with a spinner and wad slitter and another attachment?

I need to buy a spinner gaep for 12 gauge but don't know which number to buy, on looking seen this press and it looks very useful.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Any of the Pigeon watch reloaders use a OMV tripple drill press with a spinner and wad slitter and another attachment?

I need to buy a spinner gaep for 12 gauge but don't know which number to buy, on looking seen this press and it looks very useful.

Can't help on the drill press thing but when I phoned gaep reloading they recommended the BN2, I got one and it works a treat. :good:

I have been on the wingslocked site and noticed the price difference to the gaep reloading site.

Here is the info from the site on the numbers, thought steel powders were slow burning suiting a number 4?

Gaep BN steel crimp finishers for taper finishing case/hull mouths.

Avialable .410/28ga/20ga/16ga/12ga/10ga

BN1 fast burn rate powder

BN2 fast/medium burn rate powder

BN3 medium/slow burn rate powder

BN4 slow burn rate powder

Edited by figgy

48 minutes ago, figgy said:

I have been on the wingslocked site and noticed the price difference to the gaep reloading site.

Here is the info from the site on the numbers, thought steel powders were slow burning suiting a number 4?

Gaep BN steel crimp finishers for taper finishing case/hull mouths.

Avialable .410/28ga/20ga/16ga/12ga/10ga

BN1 fast burn rate powder

BN2 fast/medium burn rate powder

BN3 medium/slow burn rate powder

BN4 slow burn rate powder

I agree that's what i had read, but the chap said a BN2 was good for steel, also UK Fowler on here said he used a BN2 and his cartridges look superb.

OMV tools are great quality tool; with C&P are probably the best in the market and well above GAEP.

As for the spinner: each has it's own quality and been built for a reason (not just for the sake of having many) ; generally speaking the N2 is the most used as it's a general purpose, all rounder which produces lovely finishing.  Below the specs of each spinner:

N1: slow burning powders - say for instance you have a load which doesn’t burn clean or is under pressured for the pellets load: the sharp slim edge increases the extraction load helping the powder burning properly and generating the ‘required pressure’. 
N2: all-rounder - Generally speaking, if the shells are balanced, the N2 will suit all your needs; in fact, apart from some exceptions, they are standard fitted on all factories reloading machinery from Fiocchi to B&P.
N3: Cardboard hulls
N4-N5: magnum loads - in my view these are only needed for those shells where you have already a high pressure level and don’t need the crimp to help the powder burning or the gases to generate extra pressure as this is already happening through the balance of components.

cheers,

Guest cookoff013

i gots me a n4. 

is fa fanatic piece of kilt.

also

continental,

N4-N5: magnum loads - in my view these are only needed for those shells where you have already a high pressure level and don’t need the crimp to help the powder burning or the gases to generate extra pressure as this is already happening through the balance of components.

thats a great passage. most of my loads are like this, speed is often over rated.

10 hours ago, biketestace said:

Figgy

Sorry im a tad late in on this post, but, If you are ever near my neck of the woods, feel free to call in......

OMV and other presses to play with, but be warned.... The coffee is strong :good:

You got me at the coffee, if the spoon stands up its strong enough. Which OMV press do you have and how do you find it?

Edited by figgy

On 04/04/2018 at 22:00, Ttfjlc said:

All I know is BN1-4 Is the taper depth, with 4 being the deepest, gaep reloading have a different site called 'wingslocked', the chap I spoke to was very helpful and said the BN2 was a big seller when reloading steel.

Kev know his stuff, I don't think he would "put you wrong"

Got the OMV Simply press and there resizing and priming machine. Brilliant bit of kit. The spinner that came with the press will close a six star crimp or do a roll crimp equally as good. Just bought the drill press for the wad cutter but not used it yet. Bought direct from Italy from OMV just email them they are very helpful.  

On 11/04/2018 at 13:03, figgy said:

Seen a weird type of loading press on the omv site with a soldering iron attachment that melts the pre-crimp end.Looks to be a way to get more shot in a cart without increasing shot cart length.

Link and video http://www.omv.it/chiusura-pg/

That'll be the Paci closure. Very useful crimp as increases the internal volume and drops the pressure quite dramatically without affecting speed too mych. I know Mr G Paci personally and he was one of the first private owners of a proofing barrel and did quite a lot of researches for the homeloaders. This is not his only invention, amongst others  he also revised and improved the Greener theory and also proofed the duplex theory (with 2 different sizes not mixed but perfectly separated) or the 100+ mt shells. Originally used in .410 or small gauges is now getting used for non toxic as allows bigger loads to go faster without having to deal with great pressure spikes.   Once I got my head round steel and nn toxic in general I shall get one of these...

Cook...I am sure you'll have lots of fun trying new assets with this one ...:lol:

Edited by Continental Shooter