Hide your Golliwogs!

Munzy

It's a joke. I don't even think the complainant was black. IMO it's more racist for someone to look at a golliwog toy and think "that looks like a black man" than the owner who probably thinks of it as nothing but a toy. 

I've had a golliwog on the shelf for years now. Just take it down now and again to give it a good whipping. :whistling:

57 minutes ago, walshie said:

It's a joke. I don't even think the complainant was black. IMO it's more racist for someone to look at a golliwog toy and think "that looks like a black man" than the owner who probably thinks of it as nothing but a toy. 

I've had a golliwog on the shelf for years now. Just take it down now and again to give it a good whipping. 

Most people who complain about racism or many other isms these days aren’t black or the thing they complain about! 

Theyre just virtue signalling as it’s now the trendy thing to do, many people feel they “must challenge” certain things. 

The issue is, most people are too stupid to challenge a child’s crossword puzzle book... 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I've had a golliwog on the shelf for years now. Just take it down now and again to give it a good whipping

That made me spit my whisky out.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Flashman said:

My aunt still has a four feet tall golliwog - blue tail coat, yellow waistcoat and red trousers from memory.

Real pimp colours...

"Are you saying that all pimps wear those colours!?!?"....................Shame on you sir. :)

15 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

Lest we forget.  When Enid Blyton told us about Noddy being mugged by Golliwogs down in the dark dark woods.  Scary. 

And as I recall PC Plod then helped Noddy. Nowadays he would most probably arrest Noddy for hate crimes.

Wife has a set of 5 Gollywogs given to her by a very good friend who died shortly afterwards. She does not display them in case they get damaged, she really treasures them. No one could be less of a racist than MrsSBL however I think she would have the eyes from anyone who tried to take them from her. 

OP story above also puts me in mind of quite a few years ago before all this PC garbage really got started. Woman had set of pottery pigs on her window sill, had been there for ages.

Knock on the door one day, there stood a polooseman who demanded she remove the ornaments. She refused, he then told if she did not remove them he would arrest her. Told her to do one; get off her property and not to return without a warrant. Nothing happened iirc. Again a single complaint, a moslem ?. Non of the moslems or black people I know give a rats about these things so why should the snowflakes. I know its because they are snowflakes.

More common sense shown here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5558963/Golliwogs-STAY-council-officials-rule-despite-complaints-pubs-doll-display.html

though why the council had to get involved ........

I hope he doesn't get bricks through windows and other 'rent - a - mob' attention

Edited by JohnfromUK

I remember buying one out of a shop in Scarborough a few years ago , garden ornament about 3 inches high on the end of a stick.
Shopkeeper said 'I best wrap this up'  I felt like a right criminal walking up the sea front with a golly sticking out from the top of this brown paper bag :lol:

What on earth has happened to us ?