Question for gunsmith

Wayne1

Questiin for any gunsmiths on here
I bought a baikal hammer side by side today and found the top lock pin has broke  (the one that comes out the side of the reciever when you brake the gun)
My question is is this needed as it also has the 2 bottom catches  same as normal side by side and locks tight

20180404_203227.jpg

20180404_203140.jpg

Its heavily coated in dry grease and no rust , on the lever that breaks the barrels theres another small bar comming of it that goes into the cross bolt to open and shut it its actually that whats snapped and is to small to weld back together

20180404_231537.jpg

Most cross bolts dont do a great deal and many older side by sides that had them have had them taken due to the finger on the leaver breaking . Personally I would not worry to much as long as the bottom bolt is biting correctly . I do not use the awful US term "locking up". Repairing the leaver is OK but unless it is exact then it may be that the cross bolt does not close fully ,or, does not open fully so will catch the extension so it will not do its job and is next to useless .