Moto G5 mobile phone

steve_b_wales

These phones have a very small memory capacity, you can increase the memory significantly by getting a 32g SanDisk micro memory card, will cost you about a tenner,  but most of your apps will still run off the base memory within the phone. It's worked OK for me, but it depends what you want to run on it..?

Cat.

20 hours ago, Catamong said:

These phones have a very small memory capacity, you can increase the memory significantly by getting a 32g SanDisk micro memory card, will cost you about a tenner,  but most of your apps will still run off the base memory within the phone. It's worked OK for me, but it depends what you want to run on it..?

Cat.

I've added a micro card. There's too many app's already installed on the phone. I just want to put a few photo's of my grandkids on it. Not sure how to transfer the ones already taken on the micro card. Tried looking online but the instructions are no good.

How old is the phone in question?

I have a Moto G5, got it in February. 16gb memory (huge step up from my old G3 which had 8gb). Lots of pictures, videos, downloads and apps installed with no issues. I have no SD card fitted either.

The G3 coped (with an SD card), but I had to be smart with how I used it... G5 does all effortless. My only gripe is the fingerprint recognition. Too much manual labour with my hands means it doesn't work well.

11 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

How old is the phone in question?

I have a Moto G5, got it in February. 16gb memory (huge step up from my old G3 which had 8gb). Lots of pictures, videos, downloads and apps installed with no issues. I have no SD card fitted either.

The G3 coped (with an SD card), but I had to be smart with how I used it... G5 does all effortless. My only gripe is the fingerprint recognition. Too much manual labour with my hands means it doesn't work well.

2 weeks old. Have a 64GB card arriving today, so will insert it and transfer all data onto it. Not sure why your phone will allow photo's etc without using the internal memory. According to what I've read, there's quite a few people having the same problem as I have/had. I don't think you have to have the fingerprint recognition on it, as you can use a pin number.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

2 weeks old. Have a 64GB card arriving today, so will insert it and transfer all data onto it. Not sure why your phone will allow photo's etc without using the internal memory. According to what I've read, there's quite a few people having the same problem as I have/had. I don't think you have to have the fingerprint recognition on it, as you can use a pin number.

I did have a memory card in it, the one out of my old phone. But for some reason the phone didn't like the card so I removed it. 2 months on and no problems. This is why I asked, incase I should expect issues.

You need the pin code as 'back up' security yes. I pretty much use it all the time and have given up with the fingerprint.

All in all its a good phone and I'm very happy with it ?