Dog eating too fast

deeksofdoom

I noticed that my GSP bitch was vomiting her dry food. She would gulp down the nuts then walk off get sick and then I'ld see her eating the vomit which by the sound of the crunching wasn't chewed at all. She is just basically gulping down the dry nuts which can't be good for her.

I wet the food this evening with boiling water and when it cooled I left her have it. I put it down, went to the back door and she was barking at me. She would normally be barking at me before meals looking for food, I was thinking why the hell is she barking at me shes just got her food. The bowl was empty, she had basically inhailed the whole bowl of food in under a %&$#ing second. On the plus side I didn't see her get sick.

Basically - this can't be good for her. I feed her with my GWP bitch.

Anyone had this before, how can I slow her down so that she doesn't do herself damage. Should I feed her separate to the other older  dog. 

Working gundog company does a cracking anti gulp feeder,more like a plate that a bowl (so no good if mixing with water0

I've had a few for years and still as good as new (including coping with a GWP), had a few cheap 1's from pets at home first didn't last anytime before a dog would knck them and crack them

Highly recommend them