Northern Shooting Show

DanBettin

Who's going? Just bought my tickets, very excited - not been to a show before and I'm in the market for quite a few purchases so could be a really good day.

Any recommendations on nice hotels nearby? Is it the case that things are typically cheaper at the shows than they would be usually or similar prices?

42 minutes ago, besty57 said:

Yeah I'm going on the Saturday, I've never been to nss, so looking forward to it also,

First one that I've been to since the first bss, and didn't think much of that hopefully this will be better

I've read (here on PW) that it is better, so fingers crossed it should be a good'n.

11 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Yes went last year and very enjoyable. There are usually a few bargains but you may have to look them out. Riverside outdoors are worth a visit and do some good stuff. If you want doggy bits look at Muntjac Trading.

Been to the last two NSS it is growing every year , only trouble I found was the traffic  hold up on entre  you have to be early to miss the wait.

Feltwad 

• 1 month later...

Just got back .  Not impressed.  Found nearly everything expensive. Only bargain I found was a new Hatsan in Black for £280. Shame I’ve got a few other shotguns. Other than that a lot of expensive stuff you don’t need. PCSO’s from North Yorkshire police walking round looking “ tactical”. 

23 minutes ago, iain said:

Just got back .  Not impressed.  Found nearly everything expensive. Only bargain I found was a new Hatsan in Black for £280. Shame I’ve got a few other shotguns. Other than that a lot of expensive stuff you don’t need. PCSO’s from North Yorkshire police walking round looking “ tactical”. 

Same old, same old and are the PCSOs the new Airshoft Walts?

Friends went today said the traffic was bad from the north he turned around and approached via knaresbrough and beat the jams. 

He didn’t spot any bargains but got to talk to most of the manufacturers he wanted to. Apart from Hull who he has an issue with one of their reps. 

He did say he walked onto lots of manufacturers stands today and mist didn’t even acknowledge him, to busy talking with their colleagues. Not what you expect when you go to a show. He said it was like they couldn’t care less. 

Watching IWA online videos they all seem very keen to engage with the people attending. 

Me 2,

Left gateshead at 6.10,and was parked outside the showground at 7.30

really only went to have a look at some vortex spotting scopes. Have to say I was impressed by them,also managed a look through some luepold rifle scopes ,also very impressed with the clarity of them,

Also impressed with the promotions girl on the scott country stand,

She was worth the admission alone,

Managed to resist the temptation of buying a s/h blaser f16,

Edited by besty57

1 minute ago, besty57 said:

Me 2,

really only went to have a look at some vortex spotting scopes. Have to say I was impressed by them,also managed a look through some luepold rifle scopes ,also very impressed with the clarity of them,

Yes she was. Shame her weapon handling skills wasn’t up to much. Waving a Vector around. 

First visit for me and really enjoyed it. Made a weekend of it staying in York but the 35 min drive in took 2 hrs due to traffic. 

Not interested in NV but the lycra clad lady certainly generated some interest. Ha! 

Great stands, weather and people... A good day

For those of you going tomorrow don't bother with the chippy outside hall 3.......... Blooming shockin!  Try the pulled pork near the bushcraft area outside Hall 1.   ?

Bought some bits & bobs and some bargains to be has..... It was just finding them. 

I came from the Harrogate side and got into a 3 car que at the traffic lights  to get onto entry road at 9.15. Shocking having to wait 5 min.

Didn't spend much but had a go on the bell target and hit 2 bells with 10 shots so quite pleased with that. Food stalls had long waits so take some butties. 

Went on Saturday arrived by 8 am after a  wait in traffic for 15 minutes  by then the disabled park was full and had to park in the car parks at the bottom .For disabled people this was bad the walk up the hill left me tired which spoiled the day ,managed to visit the muzzle loaders  shooting stand and their static display left shortly after 2 pm .

Feltwad

I stayed the friday and saturday night on the caravan site on the ground so it was a massive 3min walk for me on saturday morning. Had a really good day. Good show and well layed out. The venison kebabs were by far the best food closley followed by esther's fresh cooked pheasant goujons with lime mayo dip! Clay line was a good set up some taxing clays... browning stand was useful tried out a few of their guns, bit of archery with the mrs and had a go on the steel plates with the semi although the black semi (cant recall what it was) was ****. It jammed twice in 8 shots so my time wasnt the best shall we say! great day though and will be goimg again! 

On 12/05/2018 at 19:39, besty57 said:

Me 2,

Managed to resist the temptation of buying a s/h blaser f16,

Went past that stand a few times ....makes out of 2

On 13/05/2018 at 08:50, Feltwad said:

Went on Saturday arrived by 8 am after a  wait in traffic for 15 minutes  by then the disabled park was full and had to park in the car parks at the bottom .For disabled people this was bad the walk up the hill left me tired which spoiled the day ,managed to visit the muzzle loaders  shooting stand and their static display left shortly after 2 pm .

Feltwad

We didn't get there till 10-30 due to traffic got parked in the disabled area no problem...