Amazon Kindle E-Reader

ph5172

I appear to be the last of generation paper book but as I work away a lot I think an e-reader may be the way to go. 

I have tried reading on a tablet but can't get on with it so the only option left is to try a kindle

anyone have an older one they want rid of as I don't want to spend a fortune on something I may not get on with. 

10 hours ago, ph5172 said:

I appear to be the last of generation paper book but as I work away a lot I think an e-reader may be the way to go. 

I have tried reading on a tablet but can't get on with it so the only option left is to try a kindle

anyone have an older one they want rid of as I don't want to spend a fortune on something I may not get on with. 

Don't panic, there are still a few of us about who love to handle and read real books.  Have tried reading a friends Kindle and they are not for me, plus a nicely stacked bookshelf looks good in a room.

7 hours ago, Swinton said:

If you have a iPad you can get the kindle app on that .then no need to buy a stand alone kindle .

its what I use .

I have tried the apps on my tablet but can't get on with it. The consensus is it's a different reading experience due to the glare. 

I can vouch for a kindle paperwhite with the backlight over any app on a smartphone tablet. I would prefer a book but carrying a few books around when travelling is a nightmare. Plus, you can purchase and download a book directly from the kindle which makes life a lot easier. Hope this helps buddy