.410 side by side

Clay cracker

I recently made a post about my .410 hammer gun side by side , thanks to bosher who set me straight on the fact that they were hand made to fit the action of these old guns and fitting another set of barrels would be very difficult ( sadly) let alone finding the correct set of barrels due to them being widely mass produced to different specifications. But i really like this small shotgun and would love to be able to use it again. Is there any options that people can come up with to get the barrels back in use? Many thanks Clay Cracker. 

20 minutes ago, MAL S said:

get the barrels lined

If you are thinking of the procedure introduced by Nigel Teague; I am pretty sure they discontinued it due to problems with retaining the liner. Highly likely that the cost of sleeving would far outweigh what the gun is worth unless money is no object. Give these people a call and see what sort of price they are quoting to sleeve a .410in.

https://www.midlandsgunservices.com/barrel-making

Edited by JJsDad
Additional info

Lining process is (as far as I know) no longer available.  I'm not sure if it was ever available in .410 anyway.  Sleeving likely to be expensive, and not sure if many (if any) do .410.

Bear in mind that the working pressure in .410 is very high, and with the low numbers around, and 'low interest' in the calibre ........ economically feasible activities are pretty limited.

I have an AyA (boxlock n/e) - fun to use on a few clays, but hard to clean, and expensive ammunition mean I rarely use it.

Has your .410 got real sentimental value, only the cost of sleeving (if it can be done to .410 barrels anyway) would far outweigh the price of the side by side hammer guns currently advertised on Guntrader.

Just a thought.

OB