Dawn buck

Arrived at farm this morning just breaking light , spied 3 roe in 1st field , 2 bucks and a doe :) Crawled a little way to get in position and had to poke the rifle through a fence , the deer were around 100 yds away oblivious of my presence. I watched them for a few minutes until a buck turned broadside , down he went on the spot :yes: The other 2 just stood and looked at him , I could have taken the other buck but let him run for another day....

nc8s4jR.jpg

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Good one oowee ...photos .....PHOTOS ???????     or we don't believe you :lol:

Another nice buck FH.  All we are seeing at the moment are yearlings in velvet and don't need to shoot them yet.

have a look in fox club thread in vermin control section mate

:) I shot it from high seat whilst Bumpy was shooting the big rabbit but it could easily have been the other way around. Took some stick from the sealer for shooting it too early in the season. 41lb van weight, spent 2 hrs cleaning the head. 

Nice one.  Just to show what quality heads lurk around oowee's pitch, I shot this one only half a mile away as the crow does, 28yrs ago.  Nice to know the quality is still there.  Small world.

I'm no taxidermist but set this one up myself. The leaf in it's mouth is as was when I shot it. It was reaching out across a bramble so I set it at that point.  I'm not into medals and things so didn't have it measured, probably would just go bronze I suppose.

2013-03-18 10.38.20 (651x800).jpg

2013-03-18 10.38.39 (800x533).jpg

On 4/7/2018 at 17:10, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Arrived at farm this morning just breaking light , spied 3 roe in 1st field , 2 bucks and a doe  Crawled a little way to get in position and had to poke the rifle through a fence , the deer were around 100 yds away oblivious of my presence. I watched them for a few minutes until a buck turned broadside , down he went on the spot  The other 2 just stood and looked at him , I could have taken the other buck but let him run for another day....

nc8s4jR.jpg

Top work Mark. Good numbers up your neck of the wood mate. 

That's a cracker W570. You mounted the head yourself? That's even more impressive I wouldn't even attempt to do one.

I have skinned and removed the one from the other day and will take it to Bumpy tonight for prep and post some better pics when I get it back. I am not into trophy's at all but I have to admit to a certain satisfaction when i walked over to collect it. You just have to be there and be lucky and hopefully it's the experience you remember not the head.