Worst Gigs..

PPP

2 hours ago, Trevorevans said:

Saw the Pogues in 2005, An unheard of (for me) Dropkick Murphys opened for them, apart from being Irish that’s where the similarities ended, totally different music wise. They started up and everybody just sort of looked at each other and headed for the bar. They seem to have quite a following now but were terrible then. The Pogues however were brilliant, except Shane, he was by far the drunkest man for miles around, he did get better as the night wore on though, maybe he was sobering up!. 

Saw Billy Bragg at around the same time, had some local poet type on before him, guy stood there and droned some ramblings protesting about a new flyover they had just built in Blackwood, again everybody went back to the bar.

Been to loads of fantastic gigs though. Saw Tom Petty in Hyde Park last year and going to see Roger Waters this year, might even sneak The Cure in too and maybe Clapton, missus may not be too impressed with the “romantic” weekend in London though lol.

Would love to see the cure 

any dates available yet ? 

17 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Would love to see the cure 

any dates available yet ? 

If the blurb is to be believed there’s only one exclusive European gig this year to celebrate their 40th anniversary, London Hyde Park 7th of July. So, so tempted.

Worst?

A couple of contenders, both at the same venue.
Newcastle City Hall - Hawkwind, as I knew NONE of their back catalogue; & Elvis Costello - as the sound system was atrocious = it actually sounded like a perfect gig from the front steps when the then g/f stepped outside for a tab.

Manic Street Preachers post Richey Edwards in about 2003. Utter utter ****.

I quite like the Dropkick Murphy's - I saw them on that Pogues tour in 2005. I thought they were alright that time, not on top form and maybe slightly the wrong crowd. They have been going for ages and tbh I would say their popularity s on the decline. I will say The Pogues  (especially Shane ) were the better band that night though by someway. 

Different strokes I guess.

Worst gig by far, and I’m ashamed to even admit to being there, Daniel Bedingfield he is a total ****! Spent the gig prattling on about how god saved him from dying in a car crash, I would have run him over by the end of it!!! Was only there as mate and his mrs had spare tickets and my Mrs wanted to go, won’t make that mistake again, we hadn’t been going out long and I was still making an effort, that ship has sailed now!

best gig needs it’s own thread.