CCI Blazer .22LR

I have shot loads of them through my CZ american, it likes them.

Having been able to get them at £3.00 a box of 50 just had to give them a try.

Used them outdoors at Catton park a few weeks back at 140 yards and was able to pick off the swinging onions with no bother at all.(witnessed by one of the Marshall's and my regular shooting pal who is also a member of this forum, I passed the rifle to him and he repeated the shooting).

Imo they have the same performance as the Federal 40 grain HV.

I purchased a bulk load of both from my club armourer.

FB

On 10/04/2018 at 16:08, Vince Green said:

Yes I have bought thousands of Blazers over the years, its not match grade ammo, but It was plenty good enough for my kids to learn to shoot with it. Great plinking ammo  

I've never tried them before, although I've used Winchester Laser, and Stinger in the past. I bought them to use for some target practice on the farm, and at £70 /1000, I thought they were worth trying.

They are not as fast as stingers by a long way. They are like the old Eley HV, just a couple of hundred fps faster than standard 22LR.

A lot of people like then in 10/22s because they give a bit more push to the slide if the rifle is a bit fussy, so the theory goes. Not that long ago I was buying them for £19/500 

Edited by Vince Green

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

They are not as fast as stingers. 

I agree. I think the stingers are the fastest of the HV .22LR. The Blazer is reported to have a MV of 1235 ft/sec and the Stinger is 1640 ft/sec. CCI Velocitor is 1435 ft/sec. I remember using Winchester Lasers, with my BRNO Model 2 rifle, and they were quite accurate. I intend to use the Blazers in my Anschutz 527 (if suitable)

On 4/10/2018 at 16:49, steve_b_wales said:

I've never tried them before, although I've used Winchester Laser, and Stinger in the past. I bought them to use for some target practice on the farm, and at £70 /1000, I thought they were worth trying.

£70 /1000 wow ! lot cheaper here(my local)

http://www.kirklees-guns.co.uk/rimfire.html

My CZ varmint loves them and so does my 10/22, cheap and reliable CZ likes em more than the Ruger though.

Ruger didn't like Federal Champion

Edited by defender