Webley raider 12

stu64

As I couldn't find much in the way of feedback or reviews on the net I thought I would post this this and hopefully it will help someone decide whether to buy a webley raider 12, or not. I've had mine 3 weeks now and tried a few brands of good pellets through it, finally deciding on webley accupell. a full magazine of 12 pellets in .22, shot  at 25 metres  on a paper target can be covered by a 5p piece. Shot count is good- 7 mags of 12=84 shots, and the pressure gauge is still in the green-just. You get 2 mags with the gun and they work well. I also bought a chinese pump from fleabay and that also works well-well engineered but no moisture trap, time will tell if that is a problem... All good so far then, but there is something prospective buyers need to be aware of-weight. Mine weighs over 10lbs with scope and silencer, no problem for target or hide shooting but a bit of a grind if you're going for a walk around with it. (I  tend to keep still a lot in the woods, the old saying is "walk little and look lots" so I get plenty of rest time). I paid £475 brand new for mine from my local RFD, (support your local gun shop, and they will look after you) with 2 years warranty from webley. No its not an air arms or daystate, and some will say I could have bought a second hand hand air arms for that money, but that's not the point here. I like the webley (I like air arms and daystate as well) and I wanted a NEW gun not used. The raider 12 does exactly what its supposed to do, its accurate and has power up to the legal limit. If you can, try one at your local RFD. (I don't work for Webley or a gun shop!!) would i buy another one? yes I would, BUT I would probably buy something different- so many guns and so little time :)

Turkish built I'm guessing but the newer Raider certainly seems to be good value whilst still delivering everything you will need in a PCP - you might want to think again about the possibility of introducing moisture into your cylinder - time in Hospital will tell you when corrosion causes the gun to explode.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the review it was well timed as I am looking at buying my first New rifle for many years and this one is on the list along with the Lee Enfiled Sentry and of course the Daystate but still thinking about the cost as I will have to find a scope and a means of filling the gun.

Thanks again

• 10 months later...