staffyspen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kraai said:

Yes no problem mate...its tested for 3"...

People will mayby say there is no fleur de lyse so you cant but dont worry...

100% agree Kraai plenty of Berretta Benelli don't have Fleur de leys but Mr Berretta says they are Super Proofed I'll stand being corrected but does the 2 crown with SUP not mean Super Proof.

Edited by 6.5x55SE

10 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I believe that is correct!

The proofmarks are from the Birmingham proof house, email them with pictures of the proofmarks, for a definitive answer!

Cheers, I went to do this earlier but it appears the proof house doesn’t have an email address, or I can’t find it!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

This ^

It seems it is CIP superior proofed for lead shot but without the fleur de Lys stamp is not proofed for superior steel shot?

Total Rubbish don't believe me ring Berretta as i stated my father's 3.5" chamber Benelli Pump has no Fleur de leys but is superior proofed so suitable for any steel cartridges also i had a 3.5" chamber again just the same as my Father's gun just a thought ring Birmingham Proof House as i did 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

To be honest the question was 'can I shoot steel through this', not 'is it steel proofed', and the answer is yes, you can. 

Yes and you can run across the motorway if you like but it's not recommended!

39 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Total Rubbish don't believe me ring Berretta as i stated my father's 3.5" chamber Benelli Pump has no Fleur de leys but is superior proofed so suitable for any steel cartridges also i had a 3.5" chamber again just the same as my Father's gun just a thought ring Birmingham Proof House as i did 

Didn't know yildiz were made by beretta? :hmm:

8 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Yes and you can run across the motorway if you like but it's not recommended!

Didn't know yildiz were made by beretta? 

Never said they was also I personally have shot a 20ga for over 40yrs and never seen a 20ga superior proofed so rather than posting rubbish replys post something useful as i stated I'll stand being corrected and to proof a point i could take a photo of my father's gun but his is a 12ga not a 20ga as the OP was asking about .

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

I quite agree, but that wasn’t the question. 

You can shoot steel through any modern shotgun regardless of whether it is proofed for steel or not. 

Of course you can! But if the guns not proofed for HP steel shot, and not choked half choke or less, the proof authorities (CIP) do not accept it as suitable for shooting HP shot!...that is what responsible people should be informing anyone who asks, not giving them unofficial, possibly dangerous advice..........which is merely an individuals own opinion!

Edited by panoma1

32 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Never said they was also I personally have shot a 20ga for over 40yrs and never seen a 20ga superior proofed so rather than posting rubbish replys post something useful as i stated I'll stand being corrected and to proof a point i could take a photo of my father's gun but his is a 12ga not a 20ga as the OP was asking about .

Well please explain, what's the point of ringing Beretta or Benelli with a question about the proof level of a Yildiz gun? :lol: 

If you read the link given by Newbie you might be able to grasp the facts as published?

But if you claim to know better, please advise us of the source/s of your 'superior' knowledge!

12 minutes ago, motty said:

I would 100% shoot hp steel through that gun. Up to you if you wish to do it.

I have several guns that are not proofed for steel that have had loads of hp steel through them. The guns have not been damaged, and neither have I!

Yep! Your personal choice! :good:But irresponsible to recommend it to others! When contrary to official advice.

10 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Of course you can! But if the guns not proofed for HP steel shot, and not choked half choke or less, the proof authorities (CIP) do not accept it as suitable for shooting HP shot!...that is what responsible people should be informing anyone who asks, not giving them unofficial, possibly dangerous advice..........which is merely an individuals own opinion!

This topic has been done to death and official advice is available online and on every box of cartridges bought. 

Nevertheless, you can shoot HP and ordinary steel loads through non steel proofed guns, as many of us that do or have, can testify. 

This may be your, and the opinion of many, however truth and fact is determined by 'proof' not opinion....the clue is in the word!

52 minutes ago, Scully said:

This topic has been done to death and official advice is available online and on every box of cartridges bought. 

Nevertheless, you can shoot HP and ordinary steel loads through non steel proofed guns, as many of us that do or have, can testify. 

In answer to the OP's request for advice, I did not say he couldn't use HP steel through his Yildiz gun, that's his choice! I merely pointed out the gun appeared to not be Proofed for the use of HP steel shot!.........And pointed him towards the proofhouse for advice!

If this advice is inaccurate or incorrect perhaps you could correct it??

I don’t have to worry about steel proofing of any of my guns as I won’t shoot steel through any of them after seeing damage caused to barrels by steel shot . Being proofed for Steel is no guarantee that a gun won’t be damaged by shooting steel shot . All proofing is , is that the gun survived a proof firing .

harnser

33 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

This may be your, and the opinion of many, however truth and fact is determined by 'proof' not opinion....the clue is in the word!

In answer to the OP's request for advice, I did not say he couldn't use HP steel through his Yildiz gun, that's his choice! I merely pointed out the gun appeared to not be Proofed for the use of HP steel shot!.........And pointed him towards the proofhouse for advice!

If this advice is inaccurate or incorrect perhaps you could correct it??

Gordon Bennett! You’re hilarious! I’m not arguing with you for crying out loud; I never at any time even suggested you HAD suggested he couldn’t use HP steel through his gun!  What on earth is your problem? 

The OP asked if he could use steel through his gun and the answer is yes; whether it is proofed for steel or not is irrelevant; the fact is he can! There is no information from the mighty woo or whomever to say he can’t, ( unless you know different of course )  official or otherwise. The fact is he can.

Your information is nether incorrect nor inaccurate, but neither is mine, but then you started rabbiting on about crossing busy roads or something! 

2 minutes ago, Harnser said:

I don’t have to worry about steel proofing of any of my guns as I won’t shoot steel through any of them after seeing damage caused to barrels by steel shot . Being proofed for Steel is no guarantee that a gun won’t be damaged by shooting steel shot . All proofing is , is that the gun survived a proof firing .

harnser

Correct. ?Ditto for proofing for nitro. All my guns have survived steel shot proofing but none have a fleur de Lisle.