Anyone Shooting a Blaser f16?

Uilleachan

10 minutes ago, tomaddy525 said:

Haven't shot with one, but I've just got back from the gun shop having gone in with the intension to look at a Browning Heritage, the owner pointed me to the F16 heritage and I must admit it felt fantastic. Shame they don't do a 32" version

err.....yes they do !

funnily enough ,I shot an F16 belonging to a friend the other day ,32" ,it gave the same impression as it did a year ago....very good handling qualities ,which make it feel lighter than it actually is...very comfortable to shoot and a very good trigger.

Hth.

Edited by matone

I owned one of the early F3s and didn't like the trigger pulls at all. They felt very rough and not a patch on Beretta or Miroku / Browning.

That said, my lad used it and thought it was fine. One of the lads I shoot with was using an early F3 on Sunday. He had no complaints either.

10 minutes ago, matone said:

err.....yes they do !

funnily enough ,I shot an F16 belonging to a friend the other day ,32" ,it gave the same impression as it did a year ago....very good handling qualities ,which make it feel lighter than it actually is...very comfortable to shoot and a very good trigger.

Hth.

They don't do a F16 heritage game in 32", only the sporters come in 32"

F16 not fully modular so the barrels need fitting to the action.  It’s a good handling gun and lots of people love our coaching guns.  Only thing I don’t like is the odd report they make with some cartridges I find it very off putting especially on first barrel.  

Id suggest you shoot one if your near EJ Churchill we have loads of demo guns you can try out to see if you get on with them. 

I have an F16 Game - 30" barrels.  Great action, good mount and lovely trigger pull but I can't say I shoot all that welll with it; so bad in fact that I'm now pretty psyched out when I take it out shooting.  Away and driven shots straight over my head are fine (game and rough shooting) - angled and full crossers are proving problematic; I think I'm shooting over the top.  I've used Side by Sides pretty much all my shooting life (generally older sporting english guns and an Arietta sidelock currently) and now tend to stick with it.  Shame really - F16 Game is a really nice looking and handling gun.  Well worth finding somewhere that you can have a really good run out with a demo gun.

PS: my 'best' gun is a damascus barrelled W LEECH & Sons - a boxlock sbs, 107 years old with a semi-pistol grip that handles and shoots like a dream. Can't believe how smoothly it mounts and swings...

I shoot a 32” sporter and it’s a lovely gun. Fit me straight out of the shop and I didn’t even notice that it has an extra 2” of barrel compared with my other gun. Defintely worth a try to see if you like it.

The standard wood on them can be a little plain, its worth getting a higher grade of you’re in to that sort of thing...

Very many thanks guys. 

Yep, I watched Lloyd's latest f16 gun short (and very many others) and now that I'm thinking of a dedicated gun for trap, a 2nd hand Mk 38 most likely, for the rest of my shooting I'm thinking a sporter and perhaps the f16 maybe suitable, but I would have to try one out to separate the fancy from reality.  

I was thinking of either Cluny Guns and or Bywell, as both have a try before you buy ability, although the latter seems the cheaper and better in-stock option despite the distance. A distance I could cover visiting a cousin then Braidwood and then Bywell's own shooting ground, all close enough together in the borders. 

I like the plain look of the standard wood (if I could get it dark enough), but it's the plain-jane dull grey action and slim look thats really winking at me if I'm honest. My upgrade, if I bit, would be on the length of stock options, 15 & 1/8". The stock alignment and length options and 10 year warranty, are a major attraction to me as a non off the shelf slightly out sized 6'4" guy. 

Perhaps I'll go take a look. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I handled one today at Cluny Country Stores, didn't get the chance to try it out as I didn't have time (I want to shoot a round with it rather than just popping a few carts) but I was passing close enough on the way through to Glasgow so thought I call in for a look.

Have to say that it fitted me surprisingly well, possibly no need to alter the LOP, and if I do a trigger adjustment will likely suffice and I liked the feel of it, more than I thought I would, so passed the initial feel test and I'm now planning a try in a fortnight when I'm down there next for work. 

changed my Perazzi for the F16 Game on it's release in the Uk. Handles like a dream, but lively and very quick often lead to getting miles in front.

For a s/s shooter wanting to step up to an O/U perfect. For a traditional O/U shooter go with the sporter and the additional weight option.

Traded mine for another MK38! 

Edited by Perazzishot

• 3 years later...

For About 30years I’ve shot brownings b25 range had most of the grades and loved them . But I’m left handed so had to compensate for right hand stocks ! A few years ago now I bit the bullet and bought 2new left hand blazer f16 30” sporters after a lot of trying out makes etc . 
i shot driven days pigeon and clays and they are fantastic guns. 

I shoot mainly SxS but I bought an f16 30” sporter with palm swell and stock weights last year for some clays, I’ve shot absolutely great with it straight out the box. I have since tried it on a few game days and I have to say I find it so easy to shoot, it feels as though I can’t miss with it, my mate has the game f16 it’s very fast and a lot lighter.   I do find the sporter is the perfect driven game gun, but I stick to my SXS for walking up. In short buy one, or at least try one  I think they’re brilliant and with a great trigger too, I don’t find the non auto safe an issue, if I did I would get it changed

I've been shooting a 30" F16 for the past couple of weeks and they are fairly painless to shoot. The stock dimensions are pretty good straight out of the box and the finish is good quality. I know its probably me but its just that it feels like a cheap version of an F3, you know what I mean - like driving a Porsche Boxster instead of a 911. Not that I've owned either but we live in hope.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my Blaser F16 sporting, 32", Grade 7 for 6 Months, I love my gun, it shoots so smoothly and handles like a dream even with 34grams 3" it shoots beautifully, however! Unfortunately my ejectors have failed to express the cartridges on occasions by not fully extending out of the barrels, as though its catching on something internally, closing and reopening the gun allows the ejectors to cycle and fully extrude but not "popping" the cartridges out. Going in under warranty and being given a loan gun as a replacement in the mean time.