Charger leads, plugs and thieving magpies

Fatcatsplat

Looking for inspiration. There are 4 teenagers in my house and lots of mobiles, kindles, iPads etc that are all charged via USB cables. Give me some ideas of how to protect these cables and plugs against removal by said teenagers (who all swear blind it wasn't them wot dunnit!). I can't be agg'd to hardwire new sockets into the wall, but looking for something as a compromise that they can't smuggle into their lairs that means me and the missus get enough charge.  

just keep buying more and more of them , eventually the house will reach saturation point , and youll find them laying around whenever you want them .

we have similar issues with , plates , knives forks and spoons , tea towels .  i once lost ,  4 plates ,  6 mugs , 12 teaspoons , and 6 tea towels , in a week (all from two brand new sets that i bought) . its taken many years , but im now able to eat with odd cutlery and random plates , like some kind of vagrant. its just part of having kids.

1 hour ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Looking for inspiration. There are 4 teenagers in my house and lots of mobiles, kindles, iPads etc that are all charged via USB cables. Give me some ideas of how to protect these cables and plugs against removal by said teenagers (who all swear blind it wasn't them wot dunnit!). I can't be agg'd to hardwire new sockets into the wall, but looking for something as a compromise that they can't smuggle into their lairs that means me and the missus get enough charge.  

Welcome to the club it’s unbelievable you go to bed get up and they are gone,

It’s a bit OTT but you could build a small box out of MDF big enough to fit a multiplug. Then plug all your chargers into the multiplug and on the “lid” drill holes just big enough for the end of each lead which goes into the device. Push the leads through the holes and then screw the lid onto the box with torx screws.

Edited by Munzy

Look on the bright side, they will soon be leaving home  !.........................................................................................Er, except for my elder Grandkids that is, the eldest girl (32) has just returned home after a split with her boyfriend. She comes complete with cat and snake and is currently dossing on the front lounge floor !  Her younger brother, (28) has also returned home after getting kicked out of New Zealand,  for failing to get his visa renewal back on time. He is unable to return under 3 years. The next in line, another granddaughter, (23) has moved her boyfriend in,  whilst they are awaiting the completion of their new home,  which should have been completed in February.  Then add to that the two younger lads, who are still at school and in their teens. Her and husband celebrated her 51st birthday yesterday, they went out and shut the front door on the lot of them   !     :lol:

1 hour ago, Munzy said:

It’s a bit OTT but you could build a small box out of MDF big enough to fit a multiplug. Then plug all your chargers into the multiplug and on the “lid” drill holes just big enough for the end of each lead which goes into the device. Push the leads through the holes and then screw the lid onto the box with torx screws.

I can't believe you sat down and thought that through! :)

Would they go as far as rummaging through your/the other half's underwear drawer?  Charge your stuff in your bedroom ?

IKEA do a charger which takes three USB cables and pumps out a healthy current for about £10 I think. It's made charging stuff a lot easier in our house.

Turn the power off!!!!!!!

turn the internet off!!!!! 

Right now you have there attention sort it out 

unless you’re a wimp 

one lord and master this is the time to stamp your authority 

question did you train the kids yourself or get a professional to do it for you ? 

Because tbh sounds like my dogs better behaved 

best of luck 

of 

only had to do this once nobody had my one and only charger and lead so waited for the kids to go out for the evening then went and trashed their rooms beds upside down wardrobes and drawers emptied you get the picture    found the lead before I started   told them when they got back I found the lead and   then waited for the screams  they had to put their rooms back before sleep  works a treat

Edited by Saltings