SIDE BY SIDE RESURGENCE??? BUT PRICES !!!!!!

oldypigeonpopper

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, dipper said:

Aya Hammergun  looks nice. A mates just got a Aya 56 another rare gun Dipper

How much did he pay for it, the only one I have seen recently was at a dealers and it was 10k!

I bought a 1947 Aya Pigeon Gun from Holts last year, will post some pictures when I the chance. 

43 minutes ago, matone said:

Are Ugartechea really still manufacturing ,or just selling old stock ?

Well their website suggests they are and when I emailed them they said they were but could not export to uk

1 hour ago, JRDS said:

How much did he pay for it, the only one I have seen recently was at a dealers and it was 10k!

I bought a 1947 Aya Pigeon Gun from Holts last year, will post some pictures when I the chance. 

I saw that at holts, looked a beaut! 

1 hour ago, button said:

Well their website suggests they are and when I emailed them they said they were but could not export to uk

I saw that at holts, looked a beaut! 

Mmm,last I heard, post the new website, was that they only had Mod 75`s available,with no offer of anything else.

5 minutes ago, matone said:

Mmm,last I heard, post the new website, was that they only had Mod 75`s available,with no offer of anything else.

They look excellent value mind you add import costs and VAT that soon changed

Luckily have manged to find a new uggie 20 bore with 30 in barrels which is old stock so happy chappie!

1 hour ago, JRDS said:

IMG_0403.JPG.df529ffe673a53d30eb7153eee37a517.JPG

Stunning wood

Do you know or have you every contacted AYA to establish the model or if it was a special order?

1 minute ago, button said:

They look excellent value mind you add import costs and VAT that soon changed

Luckily have manged to find a new uggie 20 bore with 30 in barrels which is old stock so happy chappie!

Excellent value ! I hope they can pull themselves through their problems and continue to manufacture, keeping the legacy going for future generations.

I once had a 25" Model 40 b/lej in 20 bore ,it was a lovely little gun,30" barrels will be really good !

1 hour ago, matone said:

Excellent value ! I hope they can pull themselves through their problems and continue to manufacture, keeping the legacy going for future generations.

I once had a 25" Model 40 b/lej in 20 bore ,it was a lovely little gun,30" barrels will be really good !

That would have been a quick wee devil, miss it?

Looking forward to it - collect it next week

My first was a zabala under the Elderkins name at around 100 quid. As to confidentiality, nonsense. I have seen the records of guns from Purdey., Holland,  Westley Richards and William Powell some of whom have been kind enough to copy their day books to go with the gun. Cannot be bothered more like.  That damascus barrelled gun is over a hundred years old so the purchaser is not going to complain are they.

My first shotgun was an aya cosmos 12 bore 30 inch single barrel with a .410 Webley adapter. I missed some cracking birds with that and had some memorable shots I still remember. My Dad bought it for me for £20 in 1972 when I was twelve we shot it turn about and when he got fed up with that he bought himself an aya yeoman in 1973 for £60 from Steve Smiths shop in Newcastle. That gun was sent through the post to the house. I always hankered after an aya super solway 3 inch as we lived beside the solway and the geese were our main quarry. I wanted my Dad to get a Zoli and Figli ejector engraved scalloped action with a pistol grip stock sold through Thomas Blands but at £87 plus vat , I checked in an old shooting times, it was just too dear . Does anyone remember having a Zoli in the early 1970 s. If so any good memories with it ?