SIDE BY SIDE RESURGENCE??? BUT PRICES !!!!!!

oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Then you may remember the gunsmith Mike M. who I`ve just visited, served his apprenticeship there I guess in the 60s. He did say that the place was in the back of beyond. He showed me a BA .410 with their name on it. Coincidence or what  !!

OB

Afraid I don't OB, but there was always some blokes filing away at the benches, in the background, funnily enough I saw 'Tony' (I have edited this post as I've remembered his real name!......another senior moment! lol!)  at a gun auction about 8/9 years ago and though he had not been too well, was still in the trade in a private part time capacity! Gave me his business card (that's how I remembered his real name!:no:) to look him up if I was ever down his way!

But your right small world!

Edited by panoma1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17 April 2018 at 10:34, panoma1 said:

Ah! The Grange Gun co! A great place, in the middle of no where!  I remember it well...if I recall A Mr Caldecott and David (Name escapes me) ran it, my brother bought a C G Bonehill BLNE from them in the late 60's (he still has it, pitting and all! Lol!) I had a Grange gun company BA .410, got my first mallard with it!

A bolt action .410 by The Grange Gun Co. just popped up for sale in the trade section. For £50 Panoma 1, you could rekindle that memory.

OB

9 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

A bolt action .410 by The Grange Gun Co. just popped up for sale in the trade section. For £50 Panoma 1, you could rekindle that memory.

OB

I saw it OB! You know the old saying "never go back" I try to live by that, I loved that gun when I was 15.......but it has no relevance whatsoever to my shooting today...........so I'll just hold on to the memories! :)

I`ve just noticed that one of the old Shooting Times I have (attached) was published on the day of my birth. I now know that I was born on a Saturday. But of course more interest to Pigeon Watch is the advertisement for a Hellis sidelock.5ae35600c02cc_ST24-07-48001.jpg.8b7f37751b916a174149a7c759e00fce.jpg