Getting rather serious this Syria thing.

RockySpears

3 hours ago, Harnser said:

The trouble with the Middle East is they have never been able claw their way out of the Stone Age . Take away the despots and they all want to kill each other . My opinion is ,stay out of it let them sort themselves out .

I work and live here for most of the year,  and I'm going to have to tell you that you're wrong. The ordinary  people of tne Middle East are almost invariably polite, courteous and  'innocent' - and I'm using the word in the sense of guileless. They have their faults, but fundamentally they're good people. I moan about them all the time for a myriad of reasons but when push comes to shove their hearts are good. The notion that ordinary people here in tnis part of the world are just a step away from setting about their neighbous is a fiction. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Launching attacks before waiting to see the findings of an independent body to investigate !! 

Might have spoilt the storyline.....

Wonder how many innocents our glorious leaders managed to splat ? 

At least it sounds like the strikes are co-ordinated (with permission from Russia) and kept well away from them so as not to escalate this into something dreadful and uncontrollable. The West has already inspected Syria and knows they have no chemicals production or storage facilities so these must be directed at empty warehouses, if they hit a so called storage by accident then there is bound to be more casualties from the their release into the atmosphere. Lets hope the axis know exactly where these illegal rebel chemical dumps are, I have a feeling there will be no accidents - cough cough. 

"Should Britain attack the Syrian military, who will benefit? I’ll tell you who: ISIS and Al-Qaeda, the very groups who carried out the Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge terrorist attacks. The Syrian military is the heart and soul in the fight against Islamist terrorism." Marcus Papadopoulos

Assad/Russia/Iran are engaged in ridding the country from the kind of vermin that attacks us in Europe's streets, let that sink in. 

The last couple of months we have had words associated with chemicals/nerve agents/etc constantly associated with Russia and now Iran too as an Assad supporter, this is how fake news and demonisation works. They soften you up and manufacture consent for more and more wars. It needs to stop or eventually it will no longer be a one sided show we all watch and ignore on telly. 

Got to laugh when folk get upset about the anti shooting stuff the media portray but believe everything else they feed.

I dont believe one bit that this attack was genuine and to take the sources as reliable is laughable.It was coming to an end so they launch what would obviously ruffle a few feathers,makes a lot of sense.

If it was a Hollywood movie, you'd laugh and think the plot far fetched! 

The jokes on us though. 

100 cruise missiles, at roughly £1mil a pop, the logistics to deliver them.. Another mil a pop, a lot of money to spend to achieve nothing. 

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The jokes on us though. 

100 cruise missiles, at roughly £1mil a pop, the logistics to deliver them.. Another mil a pop, a lot of money to spend to achieve nothing. 

That seems to be the trend from our politicos, spend lots achieve nothing. Because it's not their money.

As much as they would like you to believe we are 'on the brink ' of nuclear war, and the type of rhetoric widely publicised.

Russia warns of consequences

'While none of the cruise missiles launched by the US and its allies reached the Russian air defense zones, the strikes sparked outrage in Moscow.

Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said the US-led strikes hit a war-ravaged country "that has been trying to survive terrorist aggression for many years." In a statement posted on Facebook, she compared the invasion to the start of the 2003 Iraq War, which was based on claims that Iraq was developing weapons of mass destruction.'

There seems to have been more than a little cooperation with Russia.

'The defense ministry said the Russian forces did not deploy their air defense systems stationed in Syria to intercept the American, British, and French missiles. For its part, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford said the Pentagon "specifically identified targets" to "mitigate the risk of Russian forces being involved." The coalition did contact their Russian counterparts to "deconflict airspace," but did not "coordinate targets" with Moscow.'

Its a farce.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The jokes on us though. 

100 million? We could have at least tried offering them 100 thousand and let them knock down  few empty warehouses and goat huts for us.

Truly the joke’s on us.

There is no point in developing weapons if  you wont use them because its to expensive. Where do you draw the line, soldiers are only allowed to fire 100 bullets a day because they are getting very expensive. 

20 minutes ago, ordnance said:

There is no point in developing weapons if  you wont use them because its to expensive. Where do you draw the line, soldiers are only allowed to fire 100 bullets a day because they are getting very expensive. 

Read that back to yourself. 

So if you buy them, you've GOT to use them? Or have they got a best before date, so we need to declare war on someone in case they get wasted! 

So if you buy them, you've GOT to use them? Or have they got a best before date, so we need to declare war on someone in case they get wasted! 

No you use them if you think its justified cost does not come into it, as i sad there is no point in having them if you think they are to expensive to use.

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

No you use them if you think its justified cost does not come into it, as i sad there is no point in having them if you think they are to expensive to use.

If WHO thinks it's justified? 

I'm sure the corporation who sells them to us thinks it's justified. 

28 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If WHO thinks it's justified? 

I'm sure the corporation who sells them to us thinks it's justified. 

The government thinks its justified it give the order, whoever makes them gets a replacement order everyone's is a winner. :)

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

The government thinks its justified it give the order, whoever makes them gets a replacement order everyone's is a winner. 

Depends whose paying for it I suppose. 

And where the refugees go. 

And as long as it doesn't escalate. 

Maybe there won't be too many Syrians that want to go Jihadi because we bombed their house or blew their kids up. 

Or we create a power vacuum like Libya, leading to unrest, and 10s of thousands of deaths? 

But apart from that, everyones a winner. 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Depends whose paying for it I suppose. 

And where the refugees go. 

And as long as it doesn't escalate. 

Maybe there won't be too many Syrians that want to go Jihadi because we bombed their house or blew their kids up. 

Or we create a power vacuum like Libya, leading to unrest, and 10s of thousands of deaths? 

But apart from that, everyones a winner. 

Now that's what I call an astute post.