Getting rather serious this Syria thing.

RockySpears

2 hours ago, Hamster said:

Firstly I'd like to unreservedly apologise if I gave you the impression it mattered to me whether you take me seriously or not. Secondly perhaps some things are better left unsaid as there is overwhelming evidence in any case as to what or whom could be benefitting from demonising Russia. FWIW - no I don't think the British were behind the military grade malarky, the thought is something of a flattery to think they alone could pull such a thing unaided (or rather, uninstructed ;) ) they are of course by definition complicit though because at the highest levels of intelligence (not the same thing as government) it's quite inconceivable that they don't know who it/they actually was/were. 

The Empires agenda's are being disrupted something chronic, people and even the deep state do erratic, deranged things at times of desperation, war is almost always started by false flags. 

Put me in the uneducated group if you will but what is FWIW?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the other evening I was drinking coffee with a very nice Syrian gentleman, a fishing tackle shop owner that I was buying some braid for flyline backing from, who told me that he's selling up after 35 years in Saudi and retiring to back to Damascus in June. I politely commiserated with him about the war, and expressed my regret that I had passed up the opportunity to visit Syria ten years ago, saying how much my colleagues had enjoyed the trip, and how beautiful they said the country had been and how friendly the people. I was basically just trying to bs polite but his respnse was, to be honest, quite moving. As best as I can remember....

'Don't worry', he told me' You shall visit Syria again, Inshallah. You can go on a pilgrimage...like we go to Mecca. Jesus walked all over Syria, did you know? Christians, Muslims, everyone is in Syria...... Where I live in Danascus, we have maybe 10 families around like this...', and here he waved an arm at the surrounding shop- houses. 'and at Iftar you make one dish, but you eat ten, because everyone shares. And some families are like you, Christian people, but we all share. All our families are like one. Yes, we are one family. Syrian people, real Syrian people, are one family. And we shall be one family again. We are strong.'

And you could see, he really, really meant it.  It's sad that people reading newspapers and commenting on faraway places seem to forget that are ordinary people like this bloke - 65 years old, wanting to see out his retirement in peace - who just want to get on with their lives. Instead, they view the whole thing as some kind of barroom morality argument, or a game of Risk. The reality in these kind of  dictatorships is that ninety percent of ordinary people, as I know from being here in Saudi,  just want to get on with their normal lives in peace....taking the kids to school, going out with friends, taking the kids to the beach, etc, etc. The absolutely last thing normal people want is a war, or their country turned into some anarchic hell-hole run by crazed teenage militias.and if you remove an existing government without a feasible replacement, that's what happens.

Is Assad bad? Quite probably - but you could put your kids on the school bus without fear. Is the alternative worse? Almost certainty. - just look at Libya.

Let the Russians help Assad defeat the nihilist Jihadis and then leave the Syrians 'to their own 'family' business gets my vote. But of course, what ordinary Syrians might want is of no import whatsoever to May, Trump, et al. These people are just pawns whose sufferning is just a tool to further political advantage. Disgusting...

Edited by Retsdon

its all a load of cobblers....what has been done is unforgivable...................in 6mths time everything will be back to normal...embassy staff will return...the Russkies like their bentlys and rollers ...burberry....chanel....louis veeton....smaoked salmon....and all the other imports..........if they cant get hold of them putin will get the blame ...and he will be down the road

I would just let them get on with it, if you take Assad out today there will be another madman to take his place tomorrow the Middle East has never had peace & never will, the UK wants to keep its nose out of there & spend the tax payers money on the NHS & looking after its own people. 

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Just the other evening I was drinking coffee with a very nice Syrian gentleman, a fishing tackle shop owner that I was buying some braid for flyline backing from, who told me that he's selling up after 35 years in Saudi and retiring to back to Damascus in June. I politely commiserated with him about the war, and expressed my regret that I had passed up the opportunity to visit Syria ten years ago, saying how much my colleagues had enjoyed the trip, and how beautiful they said the country had been and how friendly the people. I was basically just trying to bs polite but his respnse was, to be honest, quite moving. As best as I can remember....

'Don't worry', he told me' You shall visit Syria again, Inshallah. You can go on a pilgrimage...like we go to Mecca. Jesus walked all over Syria, did you know? Christians, Muslims, everyone is in Syria...... Where I live in Danascus, we have maybe 10 families around like this...', and here he waved an arm at the surrounding shop- houses. 'and at Iftar you make one dish, but you eat ten, because everyone shares. And some families are like you, Christian people, but we all share. All our families are like one. Yes, we are one family. Syrian people, real Syrian people, are one family. And we shall be one family again. We are strong.'

And you could see, he really, really meant it.  It's sad that people reading newspapers and commenting on faraway places seem to forget that are ordinary people like this bloke - 65 years old, wanting to see out his retirement in peace - who just want to get on with their lives. Instead, they view the whole thing as some kind of barroom morality argument, or a game of Risk. The reality in these kind of  dictatorships is that ninety percent of ordinary people, as I know from being here in Saudi,  just want to get on with their normal lives in peace....taking the kids to school, going out with friends, taking the kids to the beach, etc, etc. The absolutely last thing normal people want is a war, or their country turned into some anarchic hell-hole run by crazed teenage militias.and if you remove an existing government without a feasible replacement, that's what happens.

Is Assad bad? Quite probably - but you could put your kids on the school bus without fear. Is the alternative worse? Almost certainty. - just look at Libya.

Let the Russians help Assad defeat the nihilist Jihadis and then leave the Syrians 'to their own 'family' business gets my vote. But of course, what ordinary Syrians might want is of no import whatsoever to May, Trump, et al. These people are just pawns whose sufferning is just a tool to further political advantage. Disgusting...

That's just about what I think, leave them alone because the alternative to Assad is going to be much worse; hence why the US is so keen on regime change. 

Some have being watching to many spy films, new favourite words false flag.    

The old "he chemically attacked his own people" trope gets trotted out everytime the wests favourite head-choppers get their a-rses handed to them. Nothing but BS to get you onboard with GWIII .

You seem very certain, what evidence do you have there was no chemical attack. ?

14 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Some have being watching to many spy films, new favourite words false flag.    

You seem very certain, what evidence do you have there was no chemical attack. ?

The false flag thing has been around since 9/11 and maybe before.

The evidence ? What evidence is there WAS a chemical attack, someone said so ? And if there was ,WHO did it, the reports conflict ,but you will gravitate towards your side's story.

Look at it this way, there's a battle group on there way to blow some of Assads stuff up, and they aren't waiting around for independent verification of said chemical attack OR to find out WHO is to blame for it, what does that tell you?

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I would just let them get on with it, if you take Assad out today there will be another madman to take his place tomorrow the Middle East has never had peace & never will, the UK wants to keep its nose out of there & spend the tax payers money on the NHS & looking after its own people. 

Wise words ! The West cannot keep it`s nose out of anywhere tho`.

3 hours ago, sierra 11 said:

Ill ask again; If neither of these then who?"

HIm >>>>  Bean.jpg..................Wibble.

? Sorry, just seen this. ?

My opinion is this....if we couldn’t get stirred up enough months ago by images of a toddler face down in the surf and another of a dust and blood covered toddler in an ambulance , then it’s too late to claim the moral high ground to suggest we go in now. 

It’s criminal not to do anything, but for politicians to claim they are on some humanitarian mission is hard to swallow. 

It’s impossible for us not to do anything, but I fear it will come back to haunt us if we go in. 

Edited by Scully

The false flag thing has been around since 9/11 and maybe before.

The evidence ? What evidence is there WAS a chemical attack, someone said so ? And if there was ,WHO did it, the reports conflict ,but you will gravitate towards your side's story.

The false flag thing has been around a long time before that. 

I am not saying there was or wasn't a chemical attack  because i don't know, some must to be better informed than me as they seem to know what happened. :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Scully said:

My opinion is this....if we couldn’t get stirred up enough months ago by images of a toddler face down in the surf and another of a dust and blood covered toddler in an ambulance , then it’s too late to claim the moral high ground to suggest we go in now. 

It’s criminal not to do anything, but for politicians to claim they are on some humanitarian mission is hard to swallow. 

It’s impossible for us not to do anything, but I fear it will come back to haunt us if we go in. 

:good: with just one disagreement, it is perfectly possible to refrain from more bloodshed, we just have to say no to America, at some point in time we and every other puppet nation will have to do so assuming we're not melted into vapour. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

? Sorry, just seen this. ?

you only have to look at Iraq and Afghanistan to know that no good will come from us sending in troops, and sending in tomahawks won't do much good either, think the only answer to the problem of the middle east is a time machine, then leave the place alone.

15 hours ago, old'un said:

Whether its  outside influences, brainwashing or anything else I think mankind is doomed to destroy its self, whether it happens in a day or 10, 20 or 30 years it will happen.

You know it, I know it. old'un.