Grand National

Danger-Mouse

Right Winston here’s a special one time offer just for you. I’ll take you to work with me, you can see all our horses, the good the bad and the plain useless, I’ll then let you give me 8 backhand slaps across the **** with my racing whip and then maybe you’ll actually have a modecum of understanding towards race horses. The whip they ‘beat’ them with is padded, so much so that short of making a really good loud slapping noise and encourage a horse forward by the waving motion they do not hurt the horse at all - coincidentally watch horses kick 7 shades of **** out of each other in a field and then tell me a flick of a racing stick hurts them. I have worked with literally thousands of horses over my life and will work with thousands more and I can confirm that you cannot make a horse do anything it doesn’t want to do. It won’t happen. It’s unfortunate when a horse dies racing and very sad. But you know what I’d be more concerned about from today’s racing? How’s poor Adrian Heskin? He got absolutely flattened. His horse got up and galloped away but he’s in hospital having X-rays. How about Robbie Macnamara or JP Macnamara 1 dead 1 wheel chair bound doing the sport they loved. You can replace a horse a million times over but people are irreplaceable. 

Make no mistake the horse industry as a whole in this country would be a better place if the horse slaughter Market was allowed to prosper and not be run as a dirty little secret. There’s a lot of horses living a **** life that would be much better off in a pie!

Also I know th connections of Lilbitluso and have ridden against him many times and I know how upset they were at losing him. But not as upset as they were a month ago when the lady who rode him out all winter died of a sudden heart attack the Saturday night before the point to point she organised, ran on the Sunday!

Edited by Benthejockey

8 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Right Winston here’s a special one time offer just for you. I’ll take you to work with me, you can see all our horses, the good the bad and the plain useless, I’ll then let you give me 8 backhand slaps across the **** with my racing whip and then maybe you’ll actually have a modecum of understanding towards race horses. The whip they ‘beat’ them with is padded, so much so that short of making a really good loud slapping noise and encourage a horse forward by the waving motion they do not hurt the horse at all - coincidentally watch horses kick 7 shades of **** out of each other in a field and then tell me a flick of a racing stick hurts them. I have worked with literally thousands of horses over my life and will work with thousands more and I can confirm that you cannot make a horse do anything it doesn’t want to do. It won’t happen. It’s unfortunate when a horse dies racing and very sad. But you know what I’d be more concerned about from today’s racing? How’s poor Adrian Heskin? He got absolutely flattened. His horse got up and galloped away but he’s in hospital having X-rays. How about Robbie Macnamara or JP Macnamara 1 dead 1 wheel chair bound doing the sport they loved. You can replace a horse a million times over but people are irreplaceable. 

Make no mistake the horse industry as a whole in this country would be a better place if the horse slaughter Market was allowed to prosper and not be run as a dirty little secret. There’s a lot of horses living a **** life that would be much better off in a pie!

Also I know th connections of Lilbitluso and have ridden against him many times and I know how upset they were at losing him. But not as upset as they were a month ago when the lady who rode him out all winter died of a sudden heart attack the Saturday night before the point to point she organised, ran on the Sunday!

Couldn't give one iota of a toss about anyone who CHOOSES to compete and gets hurt, not sure how many of the horses CHOOSE to compete pretty sure they're trained which surely involves encouraging/ making them do what the TRAINER wants.

I will make you  one time offer in the hope you learn dome self discipline and common send , any time your passing through Leeds, pop in and see me and see if you want to play with me and a riding crop,i promise you no matter how much padding you put on it, its gonna hurt.

As for some lady who carked it from a heart attack, what the hell has that got to do with anything???? maybe take more water with your lemonade old fruit.

Oh I’m sorry now I completely see your point of view you know exactly what you’re talking about and I stand corrected.....oh no..no wait... I 

Do you support help for hero’s? The charity for soldiers? Or being that they’re soldiers and they choose to go and fight you lack empathy for those poor **** that get their ***** blown off fighting for their country? 

6 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

not sure how many of the horses CHOOSE to compete pretty sure they're trained which surely involves encouraging/ making them do what the TRAINER wants.

Isn't the same true of dogs? Whether they be retrievers or those that are trained to compete in agility events. I'm sure dogs that do either of these things are occasionally injured and undoubtedly some that are will have to be put down and yet I don't see anyone criticising the use of dogs.

Tbh unless you're a vegan it's a bit rich to criticise the use of animals in sport when we as a society specifically breed animals for food. Essentially you're saying it's fine to breed something that's going to be tasty but it's not fine to use an animal to provide entertainment for those that enjoy watching such events. A tad hypocritical imho.

I have to say I didn't see this thread taking this particular (Canal?) turn when I started it, but hey-ho, I don't mind a bit of debate.

Just now, Danger-Mouse said:

I have to say I didn't see this thread taking this particular (Canal?) turn when I started it, but hey-ho, I don't mind a bit of debate.

I think to be fair I derailed the thread yesterday ? I just get fed up of people affording horses a mythical status that means if they die doing what they’re bred for it’s the end of the world. It’s sad and upsetting but they are animals and they are replaceable. 

19 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

Isn't the same true of dogs? Whether they be retrievers or those that are trained to compete in agility events. I'm sure dogs that do either of these things are occasionally injured and undoubtedly some that are will have to be put down and yet I don't see anyone criticising the use of dogs.

Tbh unless you're a vegan it's a bit rich to criticise the use of animals in sport when we as a society specifically breed animals for food. Essentially you're saying it's fine to breed something that's going to be tasty but it's not fine to use an animal to provide entertainment for those that enjoy watching such events. A tad hypocritical imho.

how about badger baiting,there are some that enjoy watching such events:whistling:

9 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Oh I’m sorry now I completely see your point of view you know exactly what you’re talking about and I stand corrected.....oh no..no wait... I 

Do you support help for hero’s? The charity for soldiers? Or being that they’re soldiers and they choose to go and fight you lack empathy for those poor **** that get their ***** blown off fighting for their country? 

were not debating soldiers, were talking horses or is that all you have in support of your argument.

Well bit of a emotive subject 

however watched the race 

and 

Didn’t see anyone encouraging the riderless horses to jump the fences or to get out in front yesterday 

nor did I see any with there ears flat back looking like they were being forced to do it 

this race is to sort out the best horse rider combination on the day 

without it there would be no point to having a good horse or being a good rider

15 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

You don’t won’t to give Winston an invite to come and whip your **** mate he will be there in a shot:no: 

10 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Winston you obviously enjoy being an argumentative pillock and I really can’t be bothered playing silly games with you. 

Translates as someone has a different opinion to me and i'm throwing the toys out of the pram with a bit of name calling to boot, GROW UP!!!!

3 minutes ago, The gouse said:

You don’t won’t to give Winston an invite to come and whip your **** mate he will be there in a shot:no: 

Low as they may be I have standards

Right! Here's my tuppence worth! The Grand National is the world's most prestigious steeplechase for a reason. It's the hardest. Like any sport where the participants are performing at the elite end of it, it doesn't come without risk. Sometimes that risk means those competing pay the ultimate price, but it's not like it's an open where just any old farm nag can be entered. These horses are at the top end of their game and I, for one, think that having an event that showcases this is something to be revered and respected and we should be proud of it. 

By the way, Mrs H got 4th at £5 each way where none of mine finished ? I kind of got the feel as to how it was going to go when one of mine fell at the first, but in his defence he was taken out by another. 

Edited by Doc Holliday