Decisions decisions wondering what to do..

Neil23

Looking for a 20g junior semi preferably a armsan now for my lad to progress..not sure whether to sell my tikka t3 .223 just to fund it quick no hassle or wait to find a decent s/h one cheaper. Plan was to get the tikka for the intention of sorting Charlies out but spending more time concentrating on the boy and his clays and the odd pigeon outing so the tikkas no been out for neely a year and would and would probably kick myself when it's gone ??

1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

Keep the .223, it won't eat anything sat in your cabinet and your boy will grow quick and fast. 

Not long before he'll want to try rifle shooting and imagine how handy it would be to have a centerfire rifle with low recoil that he may just bag his first fox with. 

He likes his rifle shooting as well had a few rats now with his little air rifles...and also got a good tally on rabbits aswel now with the rimmy. 

This was his First rabbit about 2 year ago with my air rifle ? happy moment...

20180413_080653.png

Edited by Neil23

I don' know if the 20g semi might still be a bit weighty if he struggles with a 12 o/u. How about a single barrelled 12 with 21g carts as mentioned above. 

Light as a feather, cheaper than dirt, and you can cut the stock down and not cry about it. Could even give it to abother youngster when he grows out of it and starts using yours. 

Yes this right I was screwing that on and of to show my lad .. when do u think you would want to add the extension in what way would it help??

46 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

it probably is neil,in that kit they even put in a 2inch barrel extension so you can go upto 28inch,just take choke out screw in the 2inch bit an pop the choke in that very clever.

14 hours ago, Neil23 said:

He likes his rifle shooting as well had a few rats now with his little air rifles...and also got a good tally on rabbits aswel now with the rimmy. 

This was his First rabbit about 2 year ago with my air rifle ? happy moment...

20180413_080653.png

Awesome and great to see. 

I would keep that .223, won't be long before he'll be wanting to have a pop with that. 

i suppose its up to the individual how the gun points and feels with and without it,short guns are usually better in hides but thats why we use sa,s so u load from below without braking barrels.let the lad try it without and without ext.

On 14/04/2018 at 11:30, hawkfanz said:

i suppose its up to the individual how the gun points and feels with and without it,short guns are usually better in hides but thats why we use sa,s so u load from below without braking barrels.let the lad try it without and without ext.

Hello mate what exactly do you get in the package when you buy the armsan 20g youth combo,?

Yes think up to now I'm going to hang on to it don't think I'll need to get rid of it now...just don't have the time for it at the mo with getting the son out on clays and in the hide.. was going to use it for fox but not wanting to pick any more land on as yet won't have the time to show my face at all of thm.