Drink!

guzzicat

On 13/04/2018 at 17:25, Vince Green said:

So if you give up drinking you get to spend an extra few years totally ga ga,  sitting in a nappy dribbling in some grotty care home?  

Run that one by me again, I don't think I understood how that is better?

Makes sense:)

Statically 6 out of 7 dwarfs arn't Happy. 

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:01, walshie said:

It's amazing how they change these stories because of new studies. Soon we'll find we shouldn't have been eating chicken breast and salad, but red meat and sugar is the key to a long life.

Last year they said alcohol in small quantities was good for you. Now the opposite.

I'm sticking with last years study. 

Red meat is not bad for you.

Green furry meat is bad for you

Compared to our ancestors we drink very little. In Nelson's time every sailor was given between 3/4 and 1+1/4 pints of rum a day but rum was a generic term for rotgut spirit, cheapest they could buy from whatever source. Certainly not good quality.

But, no matter how arduous the conditions, they got no hot food, slept on the gundecks awash with water. Freezing in the winter and baking hot in the summer

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Compared to our ancestors we drink very little. In Nelson's time every sailor was given between 3/4 and 1+1/4 pints of rum a day but rum was a generic term for rotgut spirit, cheapest they could buy from whatever source. Certainly not good quality.

But, no matter how arduous the conditions, they got no hot food, slept on the gundecks awash with water. Freezing in the winter and baking hot in the summer

And chewing tobacco to avoid constipation, with most having a hernia