Lord Adonis wants to change history.

TIGHTCHOKE

It would appear that this crazy Labour Peer is keen to change history and wants to stop Enoch Powell's historic speech from being aired on the BBC.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/lord-adonis-asks-ofcom-to-cancel-bbcs-enoch-powell-rivers-of-blood-broadcast-36801413.html

The Communist regimes are usually the one's that re-write history for their own purposes.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
An extra t needed.

These idiots need to make their minds up.  They want to hide speeches like this because they don' t fit their agenda, yet want to rake up stuff the British Empire did hundreds of years so we can apologise. You can't have it both ways.

Trying to stop the BBC broadcasting a speech that is freely available to listen to all over the internet is pretty feeble IMO.

Perhaps they are worried that more people will think "Hmm. He was right all along." - as all but the terminally retarded would.

I went as a helper recently on a School trip to Bristol, the subject of the visit was Bristol's involvement in the slave trade. Now don't get me wrong, slavery was not a good thing but it was 200 years ago. Now the subject is being hijacked by the Guardian reading sandal eaters and politicised into an anti Capitalist rant.

In some ways the life of a slave was no worse than that of an English agricultural worker at that time. In many ways, perversely, the slave was treated better, and better thought of, because the slave owner had paid a lot of money to buy them and they had a value. Not sentiment just business,

Nobody cared about the agricultural workers, they could die and it didn't matter, but if a slave died it was a financial loss. That aspect of the argument doesn't fit with the PC brigade's agenda.

You don't see anybody offering free educational workshops to schools on the plight of the farm workers do you?

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

seems the last few years the labour party has been full of dipsticks.

Its not just the last few years. The Labour Party and the Trade Union Movement has always been full of people who realised that politics beat going down the mine or working on the shop floor as a career choice.

Edited by Vince Green

On 4/13/2018 at 16:33, Vince Green said:

In some ways the life of a slave was no worse than that of an English agricultural worker at that time. In many ways, perversely, the slave was treated better,

Well, I recommend a book called The Sugar Barons, by a chap called Mathew Parker. It's about the West Indies and the sugar business and the people who ran and populated them. No, it's not a revisionist rant, ir's a fascinating read composed of factual historical narrative covering technological and agricultural developments,  international politics, domestic politics, and some biographical and autobiographical accounts of the people involved through 200 years in the development and running of this extremely lucrative industry.

What I'm getting at is yes, from the 1600s to 1800s, agricultural workers were frequently terribly treated in Britain, as were industrial workers in mills and mines.But the treatment meted out to plantation slaves was in a different dimension of bestiality.  Absolutely mind-boggling in fact. But aside from the slavery thing I recommend the book anyway. It's a remarkable history.