Freelander2

Lloyd90

Are they as unreliable and costly as the other Land Rover products?

or are they decent? 

Id like to get a shooting vehicle, I have a 15 plate Focus to sell / swap, value I imagine is around the £8k mark, now I could add to this if needed.

Ideally as good a mpg as possible as I do some visits for work, although I’ve just changed jobs and atm am a 4 minute drive to my new job :) , when I do go on visits I get 45p a mile. 

I did consider a pickup but the mpg on ones I’ve seen aren’t as good and the Freelander seems like it could be used more when not needed for Shooting (the vast majority of my driving).

Had one for eight years and it has been a really good all round vehicle. Not much expense outside of regular servicing. Get about 36 mpg in the winter and up to 40 mpg in the summer, don’t drive it hard though. Tows well, good off road and a quiet comfortable cruiser on the motorway.

Would not know what to replace it with at the moment.

My t6 works out at around 66p a mile doing 31mpg on average inc servicing , tyres, brakes etc. So 45p a mile would still cost me.

ive just had a terrios off here as a shooting bus that I can scratch and not worry about. £750 and it’s proving brilliant already . Shame it’s costing that to insure and tax :/ . 

4x4 sales or the free lander group on Facebook has loads for sale and top advice about them. 

Dont forget if you look at a pickup they are commercial on the insurance and it’s  not cheap. On average for me a l200 was £2-300 more a year ( double) 

Edited by team tractor

The outlaws and a few mates have them.  The outlaws needed a diff rebuild last year at 50k which seems fairly common. Not that expensive, a mates has had a few electrical gremlins they have been a nightmare used to just refuse to start from time to time.  I believe in the end they changed the dash as it was probably linked to the electronics thinking the steering wheel lock was on.  That was reasonably expensive but his only real fault.  They seem fine really and hold value well