Finding Rabbits

nicknsd1978

I've never known a farmer say they want all the rabbits gone, kept on top of yes.

2 hours ago, nicknsd1978 said:

Squirrel & pigeon yes...don’t really fancy the rats although shoot pigeons with the shotgun. Just always fancied shooting rabbits

Wouldn't rule out shooting rats, its great shooting often fast with lots going on, and it can open doors to new land.

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Its very satisfying  .stalking into range and making a clean shot on a rabbit with an airgun ..of any calibre or power. 

Indeed but it's random. The more efficient way is to find where they are coming out and ambush them. 

Farmers will never say "get rid of all of them" bcos they know thats a stupid statement - you can only control the numbers.

Got to laugh at those holding back to justify their permission. The land owner's needs comes first.

I get the conundrum though. My mate is too good and shoots out every permission, so he always has to look for a new one.

18 minutes ago, DC177 said:

My mate is too good and shoots out every permission, so he always has to look for a new one.

Then he is dafter than he looks .

Has he got a fac .? 

So when he has no perms and his renewal comes up .and cant provide any ground to shoot over. He has to give uo his fac and sell all his guns at a massive loss .? 

Oh yeah "farmer comes first " .shoot em all and worry about the consequences later eh ? Brilliant .

37 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Has he got a fac .? 

So when he has no perms and his renewal comes up .and cant provide any ground to shoot over. He has to give uo his fac and sell all his guns at a massive loss .? 

Oh yeah "farmer comes first " .shoot em all and worry about the consequences later eh ? Brilliant .

Got to agree Stu.

You always shoot enough to justify your permission but not too much.

Whats the point of shooting everything this week and having nothing left for next week?

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

No it doesnt .

My needs come first .im doing him a favour .

That attitude sucks. He is doing YOU a favour.

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Has he got a fac .? 

He's too efficient. I'll admit almost obsessed. Yeh he has FAC and is a HMR fan-boy. He does have that problem but then again he always finds another perm. But if the farmer says get rid of them then that is your job. If you want to guarantee your FAC then join a rimfire club.