Info needed

moxey

I believe the gauge tightens up against an oring .and over tightening it can squash it till it leaks. Try backing it  off and tightening up till it stops leaking failing thats its a new oring required and just a finger tight nip up should suffice .

Shouldnt have to put ptfe tape on any threads. 

Woah man .:crazy:

Dont put 300 bar in your gun .

You will blow it up .and your self .

Its rated for 230 bar max. This can be pushed to 240 ish topps. 

But to fill to the top of its sweet spot .depends and the gun ,cal  and barrel length 

Im presuming its a standard  se ultra without a reg ? 

If its a .177  then fill to 230 bar .a .22 should be about 215 bar .

Refill around 140 bar for the 177 and 120 bar for the .22 

Yes take the stock bolt out and remove stock .get a spanner and rotate the gauge 1/4 a turn .till it stops leaking .obviously  fill it to say 200 bar first so the leak is easy to hear .

On 4/14/2018 at 19:26, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, empty the tube and take off guage put some PTFE tape on thread and replace

note official BSA information on a Ultra is 232 BAR any more can damadge internals and void warranty, it will not blow up as mentions if you over fill by a few bar just the seals will pop or the rifle will not work well until the pressure drops to the required bar, BSA test the air tubes to a much higher pressure, 220 bar is what i would do and refill when 50

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

So what happens when you over fill an unregged gun is you can get valve lock .

Ie there is so much air pressure (lets say 275 bar ) pushing the valve closed that the hammer and spring hasnt got enough force to tap it open .you effectively end up with a gun you cant fire or get the air out of. Without stripping the gun VERY gently to release the air. 

Most unregged guns shoot around 100 bar of pressure in an acceptable sweet spot. So from say 220 bar down to 110 bar. Or 180 bar down to 80 bar .

Regged guns allow you to shoot over a wider range than just 100 bar .so say 250 bar down to 80 bar .giving more shots at the top end. 

Cheers 

hello, PW member moxey only asked in his first post that he topped up his ultra and there was a leak so we presume an over fill, then he asked on fill pressure, we then presumed an over fill around the guage, nothing was mentioned on regulators/ valves/hammers/spring, as i said BSA and even Air Arms test the tubes to a much higher BAR, it is unlikely 40 extra bar will do any damadge but will not shoot well until you take the pressure down to recommended bar, for a rifle that only has a 50ish shots per charge and single shot i would be more inclined to forget about sweet spots and regs fill to 220 bar shoot until it drops to 25bar and enjoy 

I'm still trying to fall in love with these PCPs. My TX200 I don't have such problems with.  The AAS200 is real picky about pressures and falls off the scale wihout warning ..like today. Yesterday I fired six shots having topped it off at about 180. Then first shot this morning and it was six inches low and you could hear it had no guts.  Do I have to keep pumping the darn thing all the time.   Apart from the dial on the pump, the rifle does not have any indication of what is left in it until it dies on me.