Reload 7mm STW

Hi all,

is there anyone out there who has loaded 7mm STW. I'm looking for load data with European powders i.e. Vihtavuori 160/165

I have stacks of data with USA powders!

Will be starting with 140gn Nosler bullets.

Cheers Guys

Nosler have some Viht data https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/7mm-shooting-times-westerner-stw/

The Viht data from Nosler is on the low side for the cartridge - IMR's give better.

This is a point to note as Nosler tend to over-estimate (everything) in my experience, whereas Viht's own data is rather tame.

Nice to see something unusual - at velocities to make something's ears burn!

Edited by LeadWasp

How did I miss the Nosler data (should have gone to specsavers ::lol::)

This is a beast of a cartridge! Never loaded belted cartridges before so it was a bit of an eye opener when one has to consider the small, but very significant, bulge near the belt.
However, solved with the Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die from Innovative Technologies ::good:http://www.larrywillis.com/

My usual 7mm08 compared to the STW20160111_145820.jpg.4925b341ca3758b41f7c42b1d87ff2cd.jpg

On 4/21/2018 at 10:39, Dougy said:

I know it's in your hands now but why did you choose the STW over other 7mm RUM. 

I'm actually reloading for someone else and then once I have some starting data I will teach the owner the whole reloading process.
Not sure I would ever want to go near 7mm RUM with its short barrel life when you could almost achieve the same velocity/energy in a STW. OK belted cases have their own issues (bulging):yes:

2 hours ago, rem708 said:

I'm actually reloading for someone else and then once I have some starting data I will teach the owner the whole reloading process.
Not sure I would ever want to go near 7mm RUM with its short barrel life when you could almost achieve the same velocity/energy in a STW. OK belted cases have their own issues (bulging)

OK :good:

Just a wonder :)

I was googling the other day and a 30-338 popped up, that was a bit of a beast.