Dossy weekend

Scully

Rather than hijack an ongoing thread about movies, I thought I’d start this one. 

Have been burning the candle at both ends lately, as my Mother used to say, and as a result I got so pooped I couldn’t be bothered to do any artwork this weekend. I get quite narky when I can’t be bothered to paint, so instead of getting wound up my OH suggested I just have the weekend off and doss on the sofa. Once I’d got used to the idea it was great, and being a big movie fan I cabbaged on the sofa and watched Netflix... I have no sky etc.

First up was Jaws ( flicked through the bits where no one was getting eaten admittedly ) but it still has it, and for its day it was a real shocker. 

Then came Rogue, which I’d never heard of, but it turned out to be a good ‘monster’ movie and one I’d recommend. Doesn’t have the humour of Lake Placid but for tension it certainly has its moments. 

Doom was a complete waste of time but hadn’t seen it, and once I realised it was from the Resident Evil stable it was predictable, so it got flicked through also. 

Next was an episode of a Netflix series based on the Stephen King short story The Mist. Bears no resemblance to the book nor the film but as it’s a series they have to flesh it out. Will stick with it for now.

Then came Valerian. As a Luc Bessie fan I watched it right through and it was everything I would expect from him, but if you’re not a fan I’d give it a miss.

Hunt for the Wilder People has been recommended by another movie buff friend and as it’s on Netflix I’ll definitely watch it after seeing the trailer, which was laugh out loud funny. 

Thsts how I spent my weekend...batteries fully charged. ?

15 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

Having a 3 yr old and 11 week old those lazy days are gone for now. 

I enjoyed stranger things on Netflix and I’m not sure if it was on Netflix or Now tv, but The tiger was a really good watch. 

The Tiger? Korean film about a hunter during Japan's occupation? Good watch.

22 hours ago, Scully said:

Rather than hijack an ongoing thread about movies, I thought I’d start this one. 

Have been burning the candle at both ends lately, as my Mother used to say, and as a result I got so pooped I couldn’t be bothered to do any artwork this weekend. I get quite narky when I can’t be bothered to paint, so instead of getting wound up my OH suggested I just have the weekend off and doss on the sofa. Once I’d got used to the idea it was great, and being a big movie fan I cabbaged on the sofa and watched Netflix... I have no sky etc.

First up was Jaws ( flicked through the bits where no one was getting eaten admittedly ) but it still has it, and for its day it was a real shocker. 

Then came Rogue, which I’d never heard of, but it turned out to be a good ‘monster’ movie and one I’d recommend. Doesn’t have the humour of Lake Placid but for tension it certainly has its moments. 

Doom was a complete waste of time but hadn’t seen it, and once I realised it was from the Resident Evil stable it was predictable, so it got flicked through also. 

Next was an episode of a Netflix series based on the Stephen King short story The Mist. Bears no resemblance to the book nor the film but as it’s a series they have to flesh it out. Will stick with it for now.

Then came Valerian. As a Luc Bessie fan I watched it right through and it was everything I would expect from him, but if you’re not a fan I’d give it a miss.

Hunt for the Wilder People has been recommended by another movie buff friend and as it’s on Netflix I’ll definitely watch it after seeing the trailer, which was laugh out loud funny. 

Thsts how I spent my weekend...batteries fully charged. ?

jaws is one of my all time favourite i watched it last night on Netflix

5 hours ago, davewh100 said:

jaws is one of my all time favourite i watched it last night on Netflix

In the last 30 or so years I have only been to the cinema twice , the first time was to see Jaws on the big screen and the other one was Titanic , at the time both excellent movies .

Not long after the Jaws movie we went to California for a holiday , one of the excursions was a day at Universal Studios and there was a mock up of Jaws in a lake that had a open train running around the outside , as the train went round this full size Jaws came out of the water and snapped at the crew that were only a matter of inches away , needless to say , everyone lived to tell the tale :lol: 

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

In the last 30 or so years I have only been to the cinema twice , the first time was to see Jaws on the big screen and the other one was Titanic , at the time both excellent movies .

Not long after the Jaws movie we went to California for a holiday , one of the excursions was a day at Universal Studios and there was a mock up of Jaws in a lake that had a open train running around the outside , as the train went round this full size Jaws came out of the water and snapped at the crew that were only a matter of inches away , needless to say , everyone lived to tell the tale :lol: 

great story marsh man