Drink driving ant&dec

ditchman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just cant fathom it............yet some scroat ...who is drunk...runs down and injures someone can get away with a small fine and short ban............dont get me wrong im not moaning   i just cant fathom how the court plucks these random figures out of the air.............

I understand the fine for DD is worked out on a percentage of the defendants wage, bought about by the likes of multi millionaires, such as some footballers, being fined around the same as, for example, as a road sweeper would be, for the same offence......I assume it's about proportionality based on the ability to pay?

£100 to some is equivalent to many thousands of pounds to others!.....and loose change to some!

think ive figured it out

• ant ...£86,000
  • paul mcartny...£1.2million
  • the queen....£10million
  • zuckenburg...£ 10billion
  • me.....25p
  • tony blair nothing....(and the policeman who stopped him is unable to give evidence as last wednesday he was found dead walking his dog with his wrists slashed)

i think a deal was done with his agent and the judge/court...........20ths ban...and 250hrs community service....so he commuted the sum which was valued at £86,000...cause in 250 hrs of helping the needy he could have earnt 2.5 million........

thats sounds more like it...

He got off pretty lightly really , he could have hit someone in his drunken state and be spending years behind bars . 

I have little sympathy for drink drivers , he could have easily got a taxi , but he chose not to.

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

He got off pretty lightly really , he could have hit someone in his drunken state and be spending years behind bars . 

I have little sympathy for drink drivers , he could have easily got a taxi , but he chose not to.

quite agree with you...and no one was hurt...just shook up..............................what i was debating was the staggering fine.........and how it was "worked" out..

12 minutes ago, walshie said:

He can afford a full time driver. Hopefully he will get one now and we'll all be a bit safer on the roads.

He is very popular but for how much longer you have to wonder. He is washed up professionally, he cannot ever get back to that cheeky Geordie lad image he presented, that bubble has well and truly burst, without that he is a has been. His phone will stop ringing with offers of work.

He is an alcoholic and he will always be too much of a risk for the TV companies to put on live TV

Edited by Vince Green

I don’t condone drink driving but read some comments from the family he ran into you’d have thought they were involved in a head on collision on the motorway at 70mph not on a residential street (probably embellishing the facts in hope of a mega payout) A lot of people are slagging him off saying he’s got away with it, I wonder how many of those who have taken the moral high ground have had a skinfull in the boozer and got into the car and driven the next day ?

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Spot on. He can well afford a driver and given his love of getting smashed he really should have taken greater steps to protect himself and the rest of the world. 

Saying that he strikes me as pleasant but troubled by demons. I hope he learns from this and moves on.

Edited by Mungler