renew licence

mossy835

Just one photo and signed it myself, none signed by your references either, used to have to get them to sign to say

“this is a true and current likeness...” 

who’ve you got coming from Avon & Somerset? I changed over from Wales and had the FEO out to my house last week, he was a real nice bloke and very helpful :) 

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:12, Lloyd90 said:

Just one photo and signed it myself, none signed by your references either, used to have to get them to sign to say

“this is a true and current likeness...” 

who’ve you got coming from Avon & Somerset? I changed over from Wales and had the FEO out to my house last week, he was a real nice bloke and very helpful  

I don't see anything about having to sign a photo at all now, did I miss something?

My stuff is in for renewal with A and S at the present time. I didn't have to get photo signed or witnesses to sign the photo.

It appeared to me as if the latest renewal forms are being made to get them processed automatically, (a bit like the Inland revenue are doing). I seem to remember Lincolnshire Police, (remember them?) saying they intended to be the first force in the country to do it, rolling out early this year. Not sure how that`s going, what with the Medical letters fiasco.

I suspect that the forces get a load of information by cross referring to the "Gov Gateway" that keeps digital copies of your image for your driving licence and passport etc.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the route that the powers that be, intend to use to give us a 10 year licence, if they are pressed hard enough by our shooting organisations. Not holding my breath though.

Edited by Flyboy1950