FAC Air and stirrup pump

PPP

Following recent threads, I’ve decided recently that FAC air I the way for me to go instead of 22 RF, especially as I already have 17 HMR.

im lazy/time poor so I can’t be doing with driving 20 miles to a dive shop to get gas, how much of a pain in the bum would be filling a FAC air rifle via a stirrup pump?  I would only use it for Vermin shooting, I have no interest in shooting targets

Thanks

My AA S200 gives me a work out and that is a legal sub 12ft lbs. I have looked at the FAC's and have stayed with my 22 RF.  My standard air rifles cover anything up to 40yrds. Further than that either the 22RF if I need VERY quiet out to 80yrds or so, then turn to the 17HMR.   If your thinking FAC then I would go with the rimfire.

I pump up my 300 cc wildcat to 230 bar from 140 bar  with my fx 4 stage  turbo pump .

Not too hard .

I stop in the middle and count out my pellets (50 ) and then carry on .takes about 5 mins including the stop .

A 200 cc bsa r10 is easy really .

I dont think i would pump a 500 cc daystate tho .

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

My AA S200 gives me a work out and that is a legal sub 12ft lbs. I have looked at the FAC's and have stayed with my 22 RF.  My standard air rifles cover anything up to 40yrds. Further than that either the 22RF if I need VERY quiet out to 80yrds or so, then turn to the 17HMR.   If your thinking FAC then I would go with the rimfire.

Thanks, I have a slot for 22RF but was thinking of putting in for a variation for FAC air. Mostly due to ricochet concerns

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

I pump up my 300 cc wildcat to 230 bar from 140 bar  with my fx 4 stage  turbo pump .

Not too hard .

I stop in the middle and count out my pellets (50 ) and then carry on .takes about 5 mins including the stop .

A 200 cc bsa r10 is easy really .

I dont think i would pump a 500 cc daystate tho .

Thanks, I was thinking of R10, how far can you wind them up?

Well r10s are regged .so i theory you can fill to 230 bar (what they are rated for .) But ive heard that some r10s dont like being filled much over 200 bar as it upsets the reg.?? 

If you go for say an airarms s510 extra they only like 200 bar anyway .and 200 bar is easy to pump to .its the last bit to 230 + thats hard. 

Edited by Ultrastu

Thats rather a strange question .? 

Presuming you mean a fac .22 r10 set around 28 fpe ? 

At 200 bar it should be 28 fpe. 

Same at 230 bar and also 175 bar .

A regged gun should give the same energy irrespective of the pressure in the gun . (Up to a point obviously) ie no air left. 

15 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

So i belive bsa set their r10s in .22 at 28 fpe with 16 grn aa  fields .

I think the .25 cal r10 is 35 fpe which honestly isnt enough speed. 

Ifyou want a .25 cal go for an fx bullpup 

Or a big bottle gun .

Excellent, thanks!