Gambore Velocity + slow primer?

Hang fires or misfires? I'm seeing more and more hard primers for some reason. We've recently chewed through 2k of Cheddites with 2/3 misfires in each box. It happened in a range of different guns and all went off on the second attempt.

Gamebore also use Cheddite primers. I imagine out of the millions they produce its bound to happen. It just takes the material used to be a tiny fraction too thick to cause problems. Its just strange that it now seems more common.

It happens in batches so buy from a different supplier next time and all will be well.

P.s,don't think buying top end shells cures the problem. It doesnt! I've seen plenty Black Golds etc go click!

WR.

Fail to fire is bad enough a hang fire is bloody off putting and dangerous, i had it happen a couple of times. The first time i took the gun out of my shoulder after it failed to fire, it then went off bruising my finger and dropped the gun. second time i kept the gun in shoulder for a bit before dismounting and pointing it to the ground it went off after a while but more of a fizzle that just cleared the barrel.

15 minutes ago, dougall said:

ive been using just cartridges club 28g 7.5 fibre(which I am pretty sure are same cartridge) have so far shot @ 700 with no fails...in fact think they are a brilliant cartridge for £190/thou.........

@ means at.

Just to clarify the cartridge fired but only a fraction later than expected enough to miss the target but not enough to remove gun from shoulder 

On 18/04/2018 at 08:53, cookoff013 said:

hang fire = firing a few seconds after hammer strike.

Only a fraction later 

Guest cookoff013
19 hours ago, haggis said:

Just to clarify the cartridge fired but only a fraction later than expected enough to miss the target but not enough to remove gun from shoulder 

Only a fraction later 

well the hang fire i had took a few seconds. hang fire really doesnt have a time limit that i know of. 

• 3 weeks later...