Shotgun parts?

Lord Geordie

Hi Chaps,

i am currently tasked with investigating a franchi AL48 for not cycling cartridges at all. Light nor heavy, having stripped off the forend, I found the governor ring, AND friction spring are both missing! 

These will have little "if anything" to do with the lack of cycling other than the compression on the brass collar when pushed against the spring perhaps? But I wish to source them to fit as the lad does use heavy loads from time to time, and without the governor, will trash the receiver. I can make the friction spring if I have to. But if anyone knows of a well stocked smiths dealing in old guns I would appreciate a link? I have contacted UK Gunspares! I remember getting a few springs years ago off a chap on here, to repair an O/U that was double firing. But can't remember his name! But any pointers would be appreciated! 

Thanks guys! 

Edited by Lord Geordie

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Have you tried Numrich in the states?

According to their site they don't ship outside the states?

same as midways

29 minutes ago, klatuveradanikto said:

Give wabbitbosher (Mick Vokes) a call he has a aladdins cave of goodies, 

I shall see if he can help :good: 

52 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Yep, I used to get parts from Numrich sent to my French address as they were happy for that- but sometime end of 2016 I think they decided to stop overseas sales.

Something to do with the transfer of weapons and parts? The Feds decided to put a choke on it! Crazy really as all it does is hit their own manufacturers surely? They will sell cruise missiles and tanks to the arabs? But not a steel collar and spring steel clip to the UK? Go figure :hmm:

not like I am asking for a barrel, or a a bolt :rolleyes: